šŸ”¶ Sennheiser HD560s

Going off track a bit, can I ask how you like WP900?

ā€œLoveā€ is not a sufficiently strong term, hahahaha.

It is NOT ā€œreferenceā€; it is decidedly V-shaped, but at the same time, the way I hear them, they donā€™t have what Iā€™d term ā€œscooped midsā€ either, YMMV. Literally the only nitpick I have with them is I wish lower mids had a little more presence. DISCLAIMER: I have been an Audio-Technica woodie stan for over a decade and i has been more than 6 years since I have been on the ā€œaudiophileā€ hamster wheel in quest of "resolution above all else."

1 Like

I bought this cable on Amazon as I had the drop trrs to xlr adapter.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0855TLVTG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fab_ny.CFbDT15A9N

I can source a unbalanced connector but not the balanced. If I can find one Iā€™d make cables for it with mogami and black paracord.

DMS says the 560s is better than the 880 600 ohm. I am really tempted on cancelling my order and getting these insteadā€¦

Buy both and see :blush:

Someone in the US just buy a pair online but use @M0Nā€™s address for shipping. Then we can get a definitive eval compared to every other headphone in existence. When heā€™s done he can forward to the purchaser. (If there is an emoticon that is half grin+wink and half serious, insert here.)

1 Like

If I was that interested in it, I would just buy it myself lol

2 Likes

Since youā€™re not that interested, Iā€™m talking about you doing it as a community service, lol.

1 Like

I have pre-ordered one from Sennheiser themselves. I have both the 6XX and the DT 880 600 ohm.

4 Likes

Im interested in how they compare to the 6xx especially since i have a first run of them. Something tells me theyll compete well but not for me to change to or add the 560s to my collection. I also like the comfort, feel and look of the 6xx over the 560s but im sure theyre both cozy.

will be curious to see how they stack up against the rest of the HD 500 family.

It would be weird if they out class the tier above it and at a cheaper price.

agreedā€¦but from the impressions Iā€™ve read, they trade blows with the HD600ā€™s.

My personal theory is that Senn is tired of dealing with Drop and instead of ending their contract with them, they will just try to kill off the 6XX and 58X with 560s.

6 Likes

thatā€™s one of my cynical suspicions as wellā€¦ :wink:

I am basing this assumption on how other companies that have collaborated with Drop are treating their headphones. For example Focal, and how they act like the Elex never existed and refuse to talk about it in interviews.

1 Like

My assumption is this was just a new line of senns to kill off the current 500 line I would not be surprised if we got a cheaper line under it like a 540 or 550 cause really the only popular headphone isln their cheaper lines are the 559, 599,and 598.but I would not be surprised if killing off the massdrop line was the reason but. Massdrop is pretty limited to the US anyway. So it give international buyers more of an option.

Senn released a statement about this and they said that the 560s should be considered separate from the the normal 5XX series. So either itā€™s to kill Drop or maybe just to be shot at Hifiman and all the ā€˜supposedā€™ better headphones at the 200 to 300 prices.

All this suspenseā€¦will be glad when some reviews show up here. :wink: Of course, we could just go with DMS and buy it. :joy:

1 Like

I pre-ordered a pair on 8/24 and I havenā€™t gotten any shipping confirmation, so I donā€™t know when they will start going out.

1 Like