šŸ”¶ Sennheiser HD560s

Me too. I am dying to check them out. I

I ending up canceling my preorder. Sennheiser is super back ordered on these and mine werenā€™t going to ship for a long time.

Yea I just got an email saying that my order was backordered and I ordered on Sept 24th.

My 600 series pads i ordered over a month ago just shipped. Prob not just the new cans being delayed.

I would have kept the BO cause youā€™ll forget about it and then get a surprise package that will make your day and put a big smile on your face :smiley:

2 Likes

No, Iā€™d rather wait for it to be available from a site like headphones.com so I can see the transaction in a transparent way.

how is Sennheiser not being transparent? you ordered, they contacted you it was out of stock which gives you the option to cancel and wait until there is inventoryā€¦or wait and get your tracking notification when it ships. Headphones.com wouldnā€™t be any differentā€¦unless they have a policy not to allow back orders for out of stock items. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Actually, I had to email them three times to find out about the delay. I pre ordered them on the 24th.

3 Likes

Hows the Soundstage and bass of the HD 560S compared to R70x?

Yep, after a few very intense listening sessions in the past week of daily use, I give these headphones an absolute recommendation.

Since I wonā€™t get the iBasso SR2 until next week, Iā€™m a little cautious with a final classification in my portfolio.

Only that much:
If you donā€™t have the financial means or donā€™t feel like spending around $ 1000 on a Focal Clear, you can get a baby version with the HD560S that is by no means $ 800 worse.
(Tonally I mean. If it comes to processing technology, the Focal is of course a different caliber)

Details, punch, stage, clarity, assignment of instruments and voices are all well above the price range.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s a strong statement!! Looking at the 560 as a long session headphone (gaming and music background) and use my Clear for more critically sessions. Want to preserve my beloved Clears.

How would you compare the soundstage between them?

1 Like

I would describe the soundstage of the HD560S as more pronounced or larger, if you want to say so, than that of the Clear, which in turn represents the stage in a more defined manner.

2 Likes

When I got them last week I actually used them the whole day for games, calls, work, music production and listening - no comfort issues or fatigue at all. So yeah, they are perfect for long sessions. My ears hurt from the treble of the HarmonicDyne Helios for example, but the 560s are very enjoying.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll get my pair today.

3 Likes

Iā€™m liking your impressions! Iā€™m getting the 560s tomorrow (Thursday) and so Iā€™ll compare to my Focal Clear as well. Also have a 58X and Sundara to compare, Iā€™m hoping the 560s will have everything I love about the 58X but with wider soundstage.

3 Likes

@DivineCurrent Looking forward to your review/comparisons.
Does the increased high fr remove the ā€œSennheiser veil?ā€ And is the soundstage really improved, as others have said. Thanks
and have fun!

yeah I would also love to hear about how they compare to a 58x as well.

1 Like

as a non believer of sennheiser veil personally it should. it at least did for a lot of people for the hd 660 but for many people thats what ruined the 660 for them was the increased treble frequencies but those people probably jus wanted another 650

2 Likes

Just arrivedā€¦

11 Likes

Waiting on impressions, going to be quite some time before I can pick this one up.

Side note, that the T1 right there? I really should get that cabling like you have it looks nice, take it thatā€™s Hartā€™s cabling?