šŸ”¶ Sennheiser HD58x Jubilee

Well said. When I switch from my Meze 99 to my 58x, I get the same experience. But thatā€™s why I love both my headphones! I have three cans for home, office, and mixing. The 58x are still my favorite of the three.

1 Like

My HD58Xs will definitely be perfect for my little home studioā€¦ with T50RP MK3s. :slight_smile:

He is sensitive to treble. Doesnā€™t have anything against sennheiser. I believe he owns (or did) a pair of HD800

Also, thereā€™s a lot of difference depending on how you wear them. I mean, hell, thereā€™s place for like 4 ears in these enormous earcups and I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see a 5dB +/- difference in bass/treble depending on where you place them.

Treble-sensitive? Put them higher and more towards the front of your head. You may have to twist them a bit too.

I actually find the headphones a bit too ā€œthickā€ in stock form.

I bought them a while ago and had them on the little dot 1+ with tubes that reveal detail and loved them.

Put them on the EL AMP yesterday so heard them on a solid state for the first time and my reaction was ā€œwhatā€™s this PoS?ā€

Then Beyerdynamic headphones should destroy his ears.

1 Like

The only downside of these headphones is that this shiny plastic makes em look like a kids toy. Lol.

1 Like

That sounds about right he hates 990s he told me on zā€™s discord they are unlistenable and should ditch them for something better. I listened and got something he seemed better the 58x do I regret it ? No but to my ears the 58x arenā€™t better more so different. I love both headphones and thatā€™s where I learned that metals ears and my ears are incompatible. Iā€™m not exactly treble sensitive more so I like a decent amount of treble.But he does like the 880 and he thought the 770 were ok

1 Like

Well. I totally forgot about burn-in. Iā€™m liking my HD58Xs more and more.

Iā€™m not used to hearing so much treble (ā€¦and so much details!). Right now they still sound like ā€œnewā€ speakers (yeah, I said speakers. I mean, my Fluance SX6s sounded ā€œmechanicalā€ AF when I bought them ā€“ now they have a ā€œsoulā€ :slight_smile: ). Headphones still sound crisp and clear, but not ā€œtoo muchā€, because the bass/mid-bass bump is more present, and everything is smoother, and apparently even more detailed.

Basically, in two weeks max., theyā€™ll be perfect for me ā€“ either that or my ears will have adapted to a neutral sound signatureā€¦ Same result. :stuck_out_tongue: :+1:

Also, the seal!!!

My 58x just arrived today. Bought them used from a friend. So far Iā€™m enjoying them. I hated my HD600, so I wasnā€™t sure if Iā€™d like these.

Why?
I never tried these, Iā€™m just curious.

1 Like

The HD600 are technically better than the 58x, but I didnā€™t like the sound. The HD600 was too clinical and made the music boring. Some people love this, but for my preferences the 58x is more enjoyable. Also the 58x are a bit warmer, which is something I like.

1 Like

Related (found this yesterday) :

1 Like

Was an interesting video.

Take his comparison with a pinch of salt though. He is not powering the HD600 appropriately and he has openly admitted that his binaural audio equipment is not the latest and greatest.

Take every review/comparison with a pinch of salt, heh.

1 Like

Has anyone tried the felt mod on the back of these drivers? Iā€™ve been running them like that for about a month and love the way they sound. They bring the bass down a tad while increasing the treble just enough to make them sound more analytical. I find there to be a lot more detail in the sound. I was wondering if someone else has done this and can compare the sound to something like a 600, 650, or 660s?

I intend to try some of the felt mods from this

Iā€™ll post again in a few days with what I think with the dekoni elite velour pads as well.

3 Likes

I adhered the felt to the driver so it dampened the lows too much in my opinion, so if you adhere it with anything other than tape donā€™t feel shy about adding a bass port to manage the sound, you can start small then work your way up till you like it. Iā€™ll do a full video on it sometime maybe. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I added the AKG foam on the driver on mine. I love them even more now.