đŸ”¶ Sennheiser HD58x Jubilee

Ah makes sense I got one this past spring and it made in Ireland still

The globalist conspiracy.

i really do hope the quality is the same because i plan on buying a second one later this month

I wouldn’t be surprised. They blew up with the 6xx and the 58x, so I would assume building a separate facility to allow for cheaper and quicker production of their products like the ones on drop wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility. They also could be working on a new collab as well and need new tooling or something. I just wonder how much massdrop products actually contributed to their revenue and sales, compared to the rest of their lineup (in the us at least)

I believe I heard new HD650s are also made in Romania (and were “imperfect” for a while, but it’s now fixed – new factory adjustments – see the SBAF forums).

Sennheiser is huge (they don’t only sell headphones either), so I don’t believe Romania is the “Sennheiser/Massdrop” factory.

1 Like

Oh of course, but I bet that gives them more room to experiment and try out new products or collaborations. The high end stuff probably won’t be made there, but it might open some doors for some more competitively priced mid-range options

I was afraid of quality control. You saying everything should be okay by now?

So, yeah, I don’t know.
Lol, I nearly wish I had a “broken” pair of HD58Xs. I’m not used to those 10+khz sounds.

1 Like

Sennheiser is becoming a lot bigger basically becoming the go too audiophile brand and probably one of the most mainstream of the audiophile brands

1 Like

As far as I can remember, Sennheiser always meant quality. For me, it always was the “go-to audiophile brand”. 15 years ago maybe I was hearing about Sennheiser 600s and the Sennheiser Orpheus, etc. As if they were just “the best”. Otherwise
 well, there’s Bose, which may be more mainstream, but
 not quality, lol. And I don’t view Sony/JBL/Audio-Technica as “audiophile” brands either because
 yes they make “endgame” stuff, but they just make everything. Like, cheap bluetooth speakers, cheap turntables etc.

Please don’t mention Beats. :stuck_out_tongue:

rtings.com rate these headphones so high that not only these are the best Sennheiser 6 series headphones, they are the third best Sennheiser headphones.

But I don’t trust this website 100% because of like, 660s having the worst soundstage and HD700 being the second best Sennheiser headphones.

Nice find! This whole situation is a little messed up. I’m sure it will be a non-issue in the future. Most of the songs i listen to have female vocals and the Jubilees really make them shine. I wanted a second pair for fun-gaming but i guess I’ll look for something else. Any recommendations?

It’s in “best headphones” overall
 and
 I’d agree with that. Price-to-performance ratio is impressive, and I can even listen to music with them on my old Samsung Note 3. But they’re not even mentioned in the “best audiophile headphones” category.

Probably because they’re “hard to get” (massdrop only) ? I don’t know.

We factor in the price (cheaper headphones win over pricier ones if the difference isn’t worth it), feedback from our visitors, and availability (no headphones that are difficult to find or almost out of stock everywhere).

But they’re #12 in their “critical listening” list (see at the bottom of the page). Sennheiser HD 800 S are #1. HD700 are #6, HD58X are #12.

EDIT: Still, it’s weird. Plantronics and gaming headphones are in the top 10 for “critical listening”
 Anyway, I trust their graphs
 I don’t read their reviews.

I don’t use headphones for gaming, but search on this forum, there are a lot of other threads about “best headphones for gaming”. :slight_smile:

for me and my experience sennheiser has always been the most recognisable brand for most peoplewhen I talk about headphones I own with other people who aren’t into headphones and I bring up AKG, beyerdynamic, no one really bats an eye until I bring up my senns and then they usually respond at that.

One Thing I do love BEATS for is normalizing “expensive” headphones I no longer get judged for my above $100 cans.

1 Like

That’s true, I remember when if you owned over $150 headphones, average people would look at you like you threw money down the drain. And if you owned more then one pair, they could never understand what the reason for doing so would be

when they judge me for owning more than one of something I always ask them what their hobby is and then start judging them for stuff they spent too much money on or if they don’t have a hobby then I make fun of them for that

4 Likes

playfully, of course, I don’t wanna be a dick

Maybe the new factory is because if brexit? Sennheiser is German so it might have problems with having it’s factory in the UK (if the Ireland factory is in the UK). But even if it’s not it could cause issues with shipping or something since Ireland is kind of blocked by the England.

Timely grand opening:

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/mediaroom/sennheiser-celebrates-official-opening-of-new-factory-in-brasov-romania-253022

Ireland: Acoustic Transducers
Germany: High End
USA: Microphones
Romania: Consumer Electronics

4 Likes