šŸ”¶ Sennheiser HD660s

My problems with sennheiser continue to worsen. They received my defective 660s on the 10th. They told me that the refund was processed on the 9th and will take 5 to 7 business days to get the refund. I never received refund and they are now telling me that they are checking wearhouse to verify that they received item! Really!
This is after i gave them a copy of the ups delivery slip with the name of the person who received package.
I do have $500 of insurance on item.
So right now im out $ 426 with no guarantee that this will be resolved.
Has anyone experienced this with them?
What do i do next if sennheiser says it wasnā€™t received even though i have proof it was.
Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thx

Take a picture of your proof of delivery and send it to them. I donā€™t care for the Sennheiser sound but have never heard about them having really poor service. But I suppose they are a giant companyā€¦and stuff happens.

Try to get a contact name and some info. And then send your proof of delivery. This will likely go better if you can build a rapport with someone there.

I already sent them proof of delivery. So at this point they are investigating and promising me quick updates. The crazy thing is that they originally told me that the refund was processed.
Everytime i email them i get a different customer support representative.
I will call to speak to a supervisor if i donā€™t get satisfactory results by next week.

Good luck! :+1:

1 Like

Could be the xmas time?
Backlog, holidays and so on.

Hopefully everything will shorted out.

1 Like

Ok, Great news. Finally got an official new confirmation where sennheiser now confirms they received my return and have processed the refund.
The first customer service rep from 2 weeks ago gave me the wrong information and led me down a rabbit hole.

2 Likes

Have finally sold my HD660ā€™s. In almost five years I Have gone through six pairs of Sennheisers 'phones. I guess I am just not a Sennheiser guy.

2 Likes

I can see that. I also sold the 660s to go back to the 6XX which I prefer a little more. I think the way you are with Senns must be the way I am with HiFiMan lol.

It took me four sets to find a HiFiman that I liked. :grin:

But now I do love my HE6se V2ā€™s.

To me selling Sennheisers is a no go :slight_smile: Senns are very special.
Properly amped HE6se are crazy good too.

I went through six sets of Sennheisers over the years and will never touch them again. It took me years to figure out what I like and what I donā€™t.

I was the same until Iā€™ve got a Bottlehead Mainline.

I never bothered with any of the Bottlehead stuff because I donā€™t have any hard to drive headphones.
I have three amps now and I am very happy with them.

If Sennheisers you should run them on tubes only.

Thing with Sennheiser is they are generally very comfortable so even if I donā€™t like the sound as much as some other headphones, Iā€™ll go back to Sennheiser because they are very comfortable. Thereā€™s very few appealing HiFi headphones that are lightweight, sound good, and comfortable. Yeah many headphones Iā€™ve tried I like the sound more and they are reasonably comfortable, but the weight is generally 400+ grams at least which is a dealbreaker for me.

2 Likes

The 660 S is about the most comfortable of all the headphones I own. You do have to find the right environment for them though. As it turns out, they pair beautifully with the bedroom boomer system, which is built around the Denon AVR-2808. Between the M200 DAC, the Denon, the HW EQ and the 660 , a great synergy has been developed. That veiled sound that I disliked with the other systems in the house completely disappears when I use them in the bedroom. So they will stay in the bedroom. This makes me happy because they were not getting much use.

Would I buy another set of Senns? At this point, probably not unless they come out with a new model that is completely different. But I am keeping the 660ā€™s. They found their place.

I have and have had tube amps. I just got another one a few weeks ago. I just find all Sennheisers boring. Their house sound is not for me.

I will show myself out now. :grin:

just like me years ago. lol

The comfort factor matters. I routinely have my 660S on my head ALL DAY and I never mind it. I usually forget they are there. In fact, Iā€™m often not even listening to music.

Sometimes I imagine springing for an LCD-X, but I know that even if the sound knocks my socks off Iā€™d probably never be able to keep them on for long. Iā€™d have to save them for listening sessions rather than what I often do, which is just have background music when Iā€™m working.

1 Like

Would a hd 660s be worth it if its ~250 euros? Heard mixed opinions but at this price it changes a bit.