🔶 Sennheiser HD660S2

This is the official thread for the Sennheiser HD660S2

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: Over Ear
  • Amp needed: Yes
  • Open Back A 300 Ohm Impedance DD

:red_circle: Sennheiser Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews…

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Oh boy I’m stoked for these. Just saw them yesterday on Bloom audio. Seeing as they are again 300ohms. I’m wondering how they will be affected by tubes like their younger siblings.

https://youtu.be/igkdYHflKm8

I just saw you posted already thank you, sir! @Ohmboy

1 Like

Lol thank you :smiley:

1 Like

The possibility of actually getting some sub bass response intrigues me. Weird how not-huge retail price differences influences my impulsive buying. At, say, $495, I would’ve pre-ordered without much thought. At $600…I’ll be waiting.

2 Likes

Nah did give up the concept of preordering because you’ll never know what they did brew up this time even when they have a good reputation :money_mouth_face::clown_face::poop::face_vomiting::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

:man_shrugging: I don’t think it’s worth a try for people who already have, or have tried, the legendary HD650/6XX’s. I can be wrong though, measurements aren’t everything (far from it).

I would agree.
If someone does not own a pair then Sure. Little more low end.
Curious still is there big tonality differences (haven’t watched / read any reviews).
If they close and just minor bass extension. Not worth the upgrade.

1 Like

Not going to lie, that FR does not look pretty for $600 USD. Modded 6x0’s might actually give better extended bass too.

1 Like

Gotta admit, that FR definitely isn’t that appealing to me… I can get that kind of bass out of some small eq or tubes for the 650/6xx and the dip at 4k-5k is rather large not sure how that would sound :thinking: I love the 6xx/650 sound but at this price I can also look at others like neuman ndh-30 lol

3 Likes

I’m curious how the new iBasso SR3 compares to the HD660s2. Same price.

3 Likes

The Headphones…com tag-team smackdown…

2 Likes
2 Likes

I trust Andrew, DMS, Josh and a lot of reviewers opinions over the years, but I am at a loss as to why they would not fully endorse or recommend 660 S2. I have been listening to my pair almost not stop for last two days. I think they are awesome and large improvement over 6xx\650 to my ears. Clearity, dynamics, tonality, depth, engagement. I have been A +B against the 650 and in my use use - 660 S2 is an improvement vs side grade. Source is simple, Asgard II Multi-bit and M11 Pro ESS Dap, ifi hipdac II… I highly recommend you guys have a listen for yourselves. Maybe I am crazy! :).

1 Like

welcome to HFG, sb!

the 660’s are not the same as the 6xx / 650 and as such, it’s not a surprise you like the newer 660s2 over them. you need to do a side by size AB comparison of the OG and the s2 in order to see whether they any better or pretty much just a side grade at a higher price.

1 Like

Going by what the reviewers are saying, people appear to be a bit on the fence on this

1 Like