🔷 Sennheiser HD820

This is the official thread for the Sennheiser HD820. This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Over Ear
  • Amp needed
  • Closed Back

:red_circle: HifiGuides Amazon link

Reviews…

[HiFi Headphones]

[Major Hifi]

Review I did for these here:

1 Like

@ZeosPantera what’s the ETA on the review? I’ve noticed these in the background for several weeks now. :alarm_clock::thinking:

An observant person would have noticed already… But I am trying to get the review up on Patreon today. Gotta wrangle links.

1 Like

Feel free to copy-paste the whole review here if you want. We might institute a flair system for reviewers. Giving rankings and such.

2 Likes

Haha. Right on, thanks.

I’m at CanJam this weekend, I’ll try and post the full review here when I’m home, instead of the link.

1 Like

Nice review Darthpool. Thanks for your insights!

2 Likes

Is this the M50x killer? :laughing:

Also Joshua Valour just posted a review of these:

Imma go watch it now

1 Like

I wasn’t a fan of them tbh especially for the price

1 Like

Ye I would buy these for like 200 bucks to see how that wonky measuring sound sounds IRL, also cuz they have good soundstage, but 2000 dollars? lole

1 Like

It’s pretty crazy that they can keep the soundstage in a closed back, but other issues arise from what they did. At like a grand or something it would be way more reasonable imo

1 Like

A grand still way too much, since you get the sound quality of a $100 headphone (alot of cheap headphones measure similarly) but with a big soundstage

1 Like

I just watched that review and yeah, they be asking for to much money. what with no mid range and being made of mostly plastic.

I mean you really gotta try this stuff before you knock it. The difference does get more marginal as you go on, but that extra 1% can really make a difference

Wow is the 820 that crappy? There’s more complaints that i hear about the 800 series vs the 600 series.

It’s not awful but it’s definitely not great for the price. I would just go with the 800s instead for sure

I mean from a measurements perspective yeah its really bad (for the price) the only thing it has going for it is soundstage

And absurd amounts of detail and great imaging

1 Like

Hmm okay then its not so bad