🔷 Sennheiser HD820

It’s still got the technicalities of the 800s, but the fr was a bit messed up and the bass performance dropped

I’ve always afraid to purchase a 800 series headphone as to much ear piercing and not much bass.

Yeah, I would only consider it on a tube tbh

Hmm I dont think the 800’s would be ear piercing that usually happens with higher treble with it’s 6k peak it would be rather intense or edgy

It really depends on the amp, with some solid states it can absolutely be piercing. The 800 and 800s are really one of those pair with a specific amp headphones

But still I wouldn’t spend 1.5k on the 800S or 1k on the 800 when I can get me Elex’s and Clear’s

When Sennheiser makes a headphone with the tonality of the 600 series with the bass extension of the Clear or of a planar, and keeps the HD800 soundstage then that would be a great headphone and worth the money

It’s pretty much all preference at that point lol

Don’t get me wrong I’ve thought in back of my mind to buy 800s but my music wouldn’t benefit from amazing soundstage.

I want amazing soundstage just to have it, but I mostly care about tonality

Well, the 800s might not be for you lol. Also by amazing do you want something more exaggerated and impressive or something more accurate?

Well how do you even determine that, unless you heard some really good speakers and know how soundstage should be, but I would choose accurate and realistic if its big it should be big if its not it shouldn’t be (in the song i mean)

Your either hear some multiple very accurate speaker setups and compare or go hear the real thing

The 800s has the tendency to artificially create a crazy stage that at times isn’t true to the music. For some people this is exactly what they are looking for, others not

but does the 800 actually place all sounds in front of you? Does it just produce sound like it’s far away?

Ye I don’t want it to be ULTRA WIDE all the time unless the song is made that way, I want it to be as it should be

Honestly the ab1266 phi tc is that and I love mine because it’s an excellent for most genre

1 Like

Aren’t those like stupid expensive? and they look… well… you know how they look

I had high hopes for these. They’re Gorgeous! But the general consensus is that they’re okay sounding. Definitely not the original $2400 asking price, by most estimates.

@BondDaBoom would you agree with what I said above?

I agree I have heard sounds that seemed they are very distant. Remember I listen to EDM so I’m not a good source for high quality music like classical.

Ah, yes, classical :wine_glass:

lole