šŸ”· Sennheiser HD820

When ever Iā€™ve read or listened to a review the 800 series was while listening to classical music.

Have You ever heard them with your own ears?

1 Like

No, you think Iā€™d spend 2k on these?

I found the notion of super expensive headphones a bit of a catch 22. you get headphones for isolation, but if you are rich enough to buy a set of cans in that price range you prob have a quiet isolated place to have a better sounding speaker setup. and none of these headphones can be powered on the go reasonably either so you cant say you needed something for your free month off hike in the Swiss alps.

Thatā€™s where multiple pairs of high end iems come in lol

1 Like

Imagine using speakers

This post was brought to you by headphone gang :sunglasses:

1 Like

but IEMs are not these headphones we are taling about. and its not safe to where headphones or iem out about like that less you get eaten by a mountain lion or a bear because you where distracted.

There are mountain lions ? :thinking:

but arenā€™t stax, like speakers you wear on your head like headphones?

I would never get Stax:

1. cuz they ugly af
  2. if all of them measure like the L300, sorry buy I enjoy having subbass in my music xD
  3. expensiveeeeeeeeeeee

In the swiss alps I actually donā€™t think so, but there are other dangerous animals lol

The stax 007mk2 actually has subbass and thatā€™s why I decided to pick it up lol. But tbh if you wanted an estat under 1k the esp95x all the way

Itā€™s 400 bucks :thinking: HMMMM

staring at the freq graph

Maybe not, Iā€™m just wondering if you never heard it yourself you can rate the sound quality at $100 so accurately. For example, I find them really good.
But I also rarely look. at measurements, unless I have problems with a headphone I know to research possible errors.

2 Likes

Measurements are somewhat similar to the 650 since you seem to care about that

Hmm Idk how I feel about this

Like the mids and the treble seem good but that subbass OOF not a fan

Wait does this actually have worse subbass than the 58X ? cuz it seems like it

doesnt look that bad the bass doesnā€™t looks too pulled back and seems to have decent subbass extension. looks pretty eq able if your into that

Well with any electrostatic subbass wonā€™t be the best. Also itā€™s pretty usable for me without eq imo. The timbre is a fair bit better than any of the lower end stax. Just a steal for the price if you want to experience something different. Also sounds like it has some meat on the bone which stax sometimes lack.

worse and different are very different words

Wait does it also come with an energizer ?