🔶 Sennheiser's New TOTL IEM the IE900

Oh man, I can understand that with the big ears.

I solved this like this:

1.)

Cut off approx. 1mm from an unused eartip.

2.)

This “rubber spacer” is pushed onto the nozzle.

3.)

Put your preferred tip over it.

4.)

vs.:

The sonic advantage that can arise is that the sound stage is very often enlarged. Because I have to solve this on some in-ears :man_shrugging:

So two birds with one stone, so to speak.

7 Likes

Very interesting solution. I’ll give it a try.

I didn’t pick up on the fact that it’s the tips that have the notches. I remember reading about the two depths but thought it was on the nozzles (which obviously don’t exist). I’ll try that.

Maybe I should read the instructions? Naw :smirk:

2 Likes

Both pieces of advice worked! The ring keeps the tip from sliding down, so I can test non-Senn tips and the first notch on the Senn tips provide a good seal. Now to A/B…

First impression is that the upper frequencies are doing what I hoped a good DD would do. Seems like a seamless transition into the highs. No highs appear to just be floating up there.

1 Like

Might be also worth trying the regular AZLA SednaEarfit (not the short ones, and not the Xelastic nor Crystal) as they have stems that are a bit longer.

2 Likes

Check out our latest video on the Sennheiser IE 900 In-Ears! Please drop us a comment on the video, let us know your thoughts, and share with someone who might be interested. Thanks for your support.

This was a fun shootout between two terrific IEMs! Hope you all enjoy the video and have a great rest of your weekend guys!

2 Likes

anyone find a good cable for these?

I was just about to ask! I’d love to see some nice custom cables to go along with these.

Check Xinhs out. I got a custom cable done for my IE600 for less than $40 (depends on the cable you want) and you get to choose the total length, the hardware color and where it splits so its a custom fit for you

1 Like

I asked them before but didn’t get a clear answer, ended up ordering a NiceHCK cable that has the right connector

1 Like

Thats weird, they got back to me pretty immediately and said yes we offer a sennheiser MMCX option. It was $6 extra though

easiest way to communicate with them is to show them pics of what you want.

1 Like

yeah I made a little drawing showing the lengths I want. I have done this twice now and have not been disappointed either time

Yuh, brise is an excellent choice