Share snapshots of your present ENDGAME =D

A Zelazny Amber Chronicles reader. That was the series I read as a kid that turned me into a lifelong fantasy fan.

1 Like

What DAC is that?

Yea. Sadly I’m only like 3/4 of the way through it. That’s a pretty constant state of affairs for the rest of the shelf too lol.

It’s the Lite Dac-ah. It’s written on the front of the amp.

That Geshelli stack is sweet

1 Like

How is the new geshelli amp, also how do you get geshelli products in a custom color?

1 Like

@NoName The Geshelli stack is awesome. I love the Erish in particular. Take a look at the Erish official thread for impressions. If you want to spend less than $500 on a real balanced amp, I’d heartily recommend. Is on par with my gilmore and mlp.

To get a custom color, just email Geshelli (email is listed on the website) and ask if you can order whatever boxes you want in whatever color. If you already have a case, and you want a new case or faceplates, you can also purchase those from them (I replaced my original clear faceplate on my enog with an amber one). You can also request sparkly stuff and custom stuff for the cases / leds. Just ask sherri and she should be able to answer any questions you have!

4 Likes

That is high praise indeed!

Yea. Done a bunch of a/b today (may not be great cause memory and stuff and whether you believe a/b is a valid way to compare). Gilmore and mlp are pretty much equal, just depends on what you’re looking for in the amp. I happen to like the mlp < erish < gilmore. The mlp still beats the erish in a number of ways, but I like that analytical sound more. Especially in the context of my clears / eikons. We’ll see if the balanced hexv2 into the mlp doesn’t change that (or the bifrost). For now, that’s more order of preference for listening.

For reference, I got the gilmore used for about 200 hours (bought in april 2020). MLP I bought new, used for a similar amount of time. Erish has less than 50 hours on it.

The erish has more bass emphasis and is slightly more natural, but less refined and less well separated / imaged than the gilmore. More fun would be the way to describe it. The Gilmore however just sounds transparent / crystalline. Has better resolve / dynamics / punch / soundstage / separation / imaging. But it really isn’t night and day. Gilmore’s definitely an upgrade, but it’s not gigantic, just a good step slightly forward in a different direction.

The erish is a pretty significant upgrade from the archel imo. The more I listened to the two, the more I actually disliked the archel’s signature (which I never expected to do). Sounds very unrefined and a little bloated in comparison to my ears via clears. The eikons are more forgiving.

Currently doing more a/b with the clears and the gilmore / erish

4 Likes

Ain’t u a addict? Jus a different kind. We all love what we love! Uumm ummmm

5 Likes

Tyrone the difference between me and you is im a real person. and your a caricature of a heavy low drug attic portrayed by Dave Chappelle played by a troll. Which we dont need. please go find another forum.

Who do you think you are to tell anyone to leave the forum?. I’d rather read Tyrone posts 100 times more than yours, so if you don’t like him YOU can go.

4 Likes

I mean, he might be a celebrity, so to void the extra tension using a alter ego is the way to go.
Like the rest 99.9% of this forums users.
There is real person behind them all, no AI.
Even with “different relaxation habits” he might enjoy audio and hifi.

Would be happy to continue seeing Present Endgame than this pointless chit chat.

3 Likes

Yes i know a lot of people post under cover names and such. And that seems to me to be a good idea. But Tyrone is not doing that. hes a troll. I know this cause hes been following me around trolling me. saying things he knows is gonna get a rise out of me. Also ive had a brother addicted to drugs ive seen the reality of that up close. i find his act very offensive.

i agree that he’s a troll. in fact probably a kid. but when one speaks there is alway room for offending people whether you are purposely doing so or not. I have a uncle that died from alcahol, if someone is even talking about alacahol i used to get really urked. But whether people are talking about it in a serious matter or joking about it i don’t think you should take it as an opportunity to speak about how offended you are. Instead, realize that it’s just their thing, they find it funny and fair enough. Once you outgrow your trauma realize that there could be something funny and empowering about a tyrone winning fear factor by eating horse dick to continue his addiction.

Now then, on a personal level i agree with you that he’s a troll, and in my opinion a child but just let him say what he wants, because that same right is what allows you to say what you want. And let’s all get along!

4 Likes

Speaking as a total n00b at this forum, I definitely think the average reader can tell who is actually contributing helpful info here and who isn’t, I don’t think it’s something you even need to pay attention to really. I read your feedback on the Helios thread for example because you give in depth analysis on how the sound compares to high end cans, and why it’s your personal ideal sound from different angles vs what other cans provide.

Getting upset at non-contributors that troll here though to me waters down the contents of this wonderful community. If someone is consistently not contributing and creating noise, I think you can trust the average reader here to skip over their comments after seeing how consistently ridiculous they are. I’d rather see the real contributors here that are invested in this hobby stay happy and ignore the detractors than have to comb through long threads of verbal judo with trolls just to get back to the real topic and reason we’re here. Tl;dr - please don’t let non contributors annoy you and get back to the impossible-to-believe ridiculous praise heaping upon the Helios lol :smiley:

None of this was aimed at anyone here or taking sides, I’m sure even overly chatty non contributors can turn that boat around and start getting into meaningful dialogue and info sharing that makes this forum special

8 Likes

I think the troll is gone

1 Like

Which one?

2 Likes

checked the trolls posts and there all the same. mods should kick it out.

tyronne …

That’s rather convenient timing I’d say since what transpired earlier today