Share snapshots of your present ENDGAME =D

its a crazy price. should be twice or 3 times that price. Thing is the Helios is so different. The only headphone ive heard that come close to the presentation of it is the Arya. but the Arya is nuetral bright. I like V shape. so i would pass up the dt770, 990. pretty much every V shaped headphone ive heard. I prefer them to the Elex. Aiva. Arya, Auteur lol.

I dont think Zeos opinion is anything to take lightly. He compared them to the Sundara. Thats a big compare cause the Sundara is awesome. I dont think my opinion should be taken lightly too lol. but I love exciting fun big sounding detailed headphones. so most people wont feel the same. i think most like neutral or warm.

I think the Helios has 4 things going for it. 1 The presentation. that big driver sound. 2 the Treble, very well done. though its become a problem for me since i got the Bifrost. 3 Its 10Hz to 40kHz range. which i think makes it suitable for hi res music listening. such as the music on Amazon Ultra HD. I really notice when those files are played vs CD quality with the Helios. 4 its timber/tone. I think that steel cap is doing something to the sound.

I did a listening test of all my headphones and it just sounded different than all of them. theres just something about them…

1 Like

Thanks for the detail, i have Beyer 770 80 and 250 ohm, 880 600 ohm and just picked up the 990 600 ohm after you posted, should be here today, Senn 600, 58x, 6xx, i dig the V shaped fun sound outside of production, and that price is hard to not even try. Was on the fence about the Sundara based on the horror stories so hopefully this will be a nice alternative…

I too love Amazon Music HD, i can really tell the quality difference…

1 Like

My Schiit stack (Modi2, Magni3) i think is pretty good for its price, but the problem is that this is my first proper “setup” for headphones so its hard for me to “review” due to the lack of experience with dedicated headphone amps.

I did get an Fiio E10K olympus 2 before i advanced to the stack, but it is a bit underpowered for the Hifiman HE4xx i have. The volume gets high enough but there just is something lacking compared to the Schiit stack when it comes to power. For my Sennheiser HD58X Jubilee the Fiio is powerfull enough, but i still prefer the Schiit stack. The Magni also sounds better than the headphone amps in my speaker amps, and compared to my Onkyo receiver the sound a bit more organic and less processed, if that makes sense.

As for the dac i find the Modi 2 to be very good. Have hooked it up to a few speaker amps, and compared to the built in dac in those it just gives a “fuller” sound. Hard to describe, but i prefered it over the dac in my Onkyo receiver and my Yamaha Stereo amp (they where first feed optical from my computer, then hooked up to the modi 2). There is less difference between the Fiio and the Schiit compared to the buildt inn dacs in the receivers though.

3 Likes

how do you like the dekoni blues? been thinking about picking them up in the future.

This is too accurate and my wallet cringes in pain while reading this.

2 Likes

Hi! Welcome to HFGF!

I just created an official Dekoni Blue thread and put some thoughts in it:

Downsized my setup a bit to sort out putting stuff into storage. Only got a couple of my headphones on here right now

pic is so dark since there’s not much light in this corner :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Think I am done for now…

19 Likes

Bifrost 2
Feliks espressivo mk2
Liquid platinum

Ananda
Atticus
Elex

22 Likes

I have achieved my current headphone endgame <3

I’ll be upgrading in the future (and I have a good idea of what I want) but I have to demo that gear first (and save lol).

Gear in picture (from left to right) ::
Source Gear

• Denafrips Ares II + Lake People RS-08 (what I’m currently listening to)
  • Geshelli Labs Enog2 and Erish
  • Headamp Gilmore Lite mk2

Headphones

• Sony MDR-7506
  • ZMF Eikon
  • Focal Clear
  • Focal Elegia

Before headphone upgrades I gotta upgrade the IEM / Portable game :stuck_out_tongue:

32 Likes

How do the Clear and Elegia compare? Which do you prefer? I’ve only ever heard/owned the Elegia and am curious if they are as similar as some people say to the Clear.

They’re damn similar. Clear scales better, but honestly, if you don’t want to shell out the money for the clear, the elegia is a fantastic option. I realllllly like the way it does bass. If you can get the Elegia on clearout sale on Adorama ($429) (should be linked on the deals thread) then do it. Fucking highway robbery.

I actually haven’t wanted to switch off the elegias for the last day or so. With the source gear I have the Clear is definitely better, but the elegia is still pretty close.

4 Likes

Just tried them for a few songs, but i do feel you get a bit brighter sound, opening up the treble a bit. And that is a good ting, as they can be a bit unbalanced towards the base in their sound. They are more comfortable when it comes to the contact area to the ear, but perhaps they can get a bit hotter due to the thicker and bigger foam.

I think it is a good upgrade, at least that is the first impressions, and the porta pros is really a “bang for the buck” deal, even with the cost of importing the yaxi pads since they where not available locally :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Yeah, they’re a pretty fantastic little upgrade.

I use mine with a Dragonfly Cobalt all the time. It’s a really sweet sound.

I’m glad you’re enjoying them!

1 Like

i know that there are my old bose speakers in the background :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

13 Likes

These are my endgame headphones the 1266 and VO are not here yet. But got Kennerton Gjallarhorn, Fostex 909, Meze Empyrean, and Hifiman HE1000se.

Amp Woo Audio WA33
DAC Chord Hugo TT2

My newest addition is the 909 and zeos was correct by saying these are an amazing headphone. Nothing is missing from the sound so far my favorite dynamic. Good bass for edm fans very sq and deep can hear a lot of detail. The rest of the range is amazing. Anyone considering the 909 make sure the amp is good synergy like Zeo’s said.

26 Likes

Your collection multiplied like rabbits :joy: sell off Top notch level kit then stock up to endgame level again, rinse & repeat. Congratulations and a hell of a beautiful set-up again! :clap:

5 Likes

I am at a loss for words. So happy. Wharfedale EVO4.2 + Rythmik FVX12 + Parasound NewClassic 200 Integrated

30 Likes

mmm. thats nice.

Those speakers look really cool :cool:

1 Like

I’m not into speakers, but THAT looks nice and I am sure it sounds nice as well.
Congrats :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

1 Like