Share snapshots of your present ENDGAME =D

very nice setup :+1:

edit: god those speakers are sexy! never heard of em either, but i bet they sound as good as they look

1 Like

Thank you. They’re a German loudspeaker manufacturer, just like Elac, Adam Audio or HEDD, to name a few. They go down to 18 Hz, so the bass is there. I’m experimenting with their positioning (for soundstage and imaging) before I use the miniDSP/Dirac Live to room correct them.

1 Like

Welcome to the HFG Forum!

Thank you :slight_smile: It’s a great place to be.

2 Likes

Just found what I hear is the best sounding position of these speakers. I pushed the equipment as far back into the room as possible and got rid of the table stack so that it doesn’t interfere with the midrange driver and tweeter reflections as much (got that tip from one of Paul McGowan’s videos. They’re very entertaining.). And here is how the setup looks now:

I also changed the crossover settings so the the midrange (200-2800 Hz) and treble (2800-40000 Hz) are down by 1.5 decibels. The listening position is quite close after all :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Always great to see canton love.

1 Like

My current endgame rotation. Have the D90 and A90 stack as my reference gear. No itch to upgrade this. Have the Millet Hybrid Minimax with some NOS tubes just to change it up a bit if I get bored lol.

Zmf Atticus, Focal Clear, D7000, HE-500, HD800 SDR I feel like i’ve covered most bases here.

26 Likes

Oh hi hello. I love the eikons and clear :slight_smile: same stuf I have on the desk <3

What is the tube amp there? I can’t read the text on it.

1 Like

Millet Hybrid Minimax. Bit of an older DIY kit amp.

1 Like

How are those D7000. Been reading about them…what are your impressions?

There is no mistaking that they are part of the Fostex family when it comes to sound. They sound very similar in FR to my friends TH X00 purplehearts. They remind me of a TH-900 that is slightly less V-shaped.

CURRENT ENDGAME :

Speaker System :
Iloud micro speakers! I literally just hook up my music with Bluetooth to them (altho eventually I probably will connect them cabled with my xduoo plus /opamp). LOVE THEM perfect for my small room (4 by 9 feet or so)

Headphones : Focal Elegia. Use them for music and also monitoring my voice
Koss Ksc75. Use them for phone calls
Sony Wi-c200. Use em for excersise, and some general house use

Microphone: Samson Q2U. I’m on phonecalls very often. Altho recently did use it with my sister for some karaoke lol

Blindfold: Walmart 2 dollar blindfolds. I enjoy music more if I close my eyes but I’m terrible at maintaining them closed so I cheat and use blindfolds

Edit : changed stuff around, updated it. Blurred out the pics of my family members to not doxx em lol

19 Likes

Is that Elegia inside a Nighthawk case?

1 Like

That’s EXACTLY what that is lol. Elegia case is cute but useless. In the hawk case my entire system fits, amp/dac, cable, headphone, phone (music source), and extra shit

4 Likes

I’d love to have a listen with thise Elegias. How are they in comparison to any headphones you’ve owned in the past?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say useless, if you are rocking a Hip Dac that is. Fits beautifully. Definitely wouldn’t be any help with your XDuoo though. I see you are rocking the Elegia and the KSC75 on the daily. They live in my Elegia case and go everywhere with me as well.

17 Likes

My kind of therapy. I’m sure it allows you to listen more critically or on the other hand, relax more.

4 Likes

I really dig the simplicity here.

1 Like

Do you have a link to where you got this shelf system you’ve got set up here? I like it and it would be perfect next to my desk.

1 Like

They along with the elex that i used to have major in clarity,dynamics, and speed. I would say those three things are the stand out features of them, the sound signature is a pretty refined neutral bright sound (i used to not find them neutral bright, buuuut after more listening and comparing them to other gear yeah i get it). Nothing much to complain about them, maybe more bass but for that you can pair to a warm amp or use a bass boost. If you have any particular questions or want specific comparisons i can provide that.

1 Like