Share snapshots of your present ENDGAME =D

Newest revision of my present ENDGAME, 1 set of headphones, 1 set of speakers and 1 set of iems. Basically the most well rounded i could find of each (KINDA). The Speakers are the Focal Alpha 80s, the headphones are the Focal Clears and both are fedd off the RNHP cabled by splitters. The Focal Alphas i bought last year (which is alot in audiophile years :theface:) is my main source of enjoyment in that room, however the Focal Clears i bought very recently in an attempt to get a similiar sound in a headphone (since i canā€™t always be on my speakers due to noise). Goal succeded. Also the Clears in particular are connected to the RNHP and Bifrost (speakers are powered). Besides those two however the real VIP is the Campfire Andromeda Pacific Blue Limited Edition, itā€™s the only thing that i love as much as i do my speakers, it rocked my world and currently run it off the IFI Diablo (with an IEMatch) and have that hooked up to a cheap android phone that carries all my music (connect that same android to my speakers and headphones too). For now this is a pretty accurate depiction of my current endgame (missing an Astel and Kern SR25 dap but realistically donā€™t have the funds for that atm, and the real last piece will be when i buy a Pass Labs preamp or HP1 because since i borrowed my boi nickā€™s pass labs, it was the most magical experience i had using it as a preamp to my speakers. It was the closest thing to a magical, religious experience that i seek to get again. Buuuuuuut thatā€™s a tale for another time, and will be part of the future endgame for now.

27 Likes

So fresh and so clean!

3 Likes

Thumbs up for ā€œHeize - Sheā€™s fineā€ :+1: :grin:

1 Like

@Jose_G Very sweet. Excellent choice of components.

1 Like

Well, since I have what I consider to be a complete system now, here she is

The SU-8 stack is doing speaker duty while the pieces in black make up the head phone rig

This setup is delivering a wonderfully diverse and rich listening experience, with a multitude of options to choose from down the road. I donā€™t know if this is ultimate end game, but it will do me for a good while.

9 Likes

thumbs up for recogrnizing it too lol, also impossible to notice but right in top of the sheā€™s fine album is her newest album, Happen. Which is also worth a listen if you havenā€™t checked it out yet!

1 Like

thanks! itā€™s not always as organized as i wish because i tend to just lay things around everywhere but i tidy up usually 3 times a week at least lol

That green led laser will protect your hifi stash. Lol

2 Likes

I see some familiar faces. :grin:
Happy listening!

1 Like

Indeed, thank you. It would appear we have traveled down similar roads during the course of this journey. Personally I donā€™t know where I go from here, but Iā€™m in no rush.

The journey is fun! Expensive, but fun. :grin:

2 Likes

Just redid My desktop a bitā€¦

Brought in the Holo mammoth KTE hp amp to give a SS option for hps and to serve as a pre.

Also brought in event 20/20 bas v3 monitors to listen nearfield as they have been my midfield options previously.

Need to work on cable management some acoustic treatments and wall art but the initial sound is nice.

Definitely a good setup for basement work station!

20 Likes

Props for the aesthetics. This looks so fresh and that Auris amp looks like a million bucks.

1 Like

Until I can afford a Soekris/Violectric stack, thisā€™ll hold me over. The LCD-i4ā€™s really benefit from better chains. The Cipher cable for iPhones sounds great and all but a bit too smoothed over.

18 Likes

Great gear choices. Iā€™m thinkin Iā€™d be pretty happy right there! :+1: Enjoy.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t go solid state. Use to have V281 and was not impressed. I had it side by side next to Wells Audio Milo and it was dark sounding. Iā€™m a tube guy did 10 solids states before jumping to tubes. Closes I have to solid is my Wells Audio Dragon which is hybrid. If you saw my setup everything is tubes and even my dac.

1 Like

My listening station was never computer station. Itā€™s L shape amps and DAC to my right of my coach and computer in front. So amps in close enough proximity to not get up.

This is in above pic but you canā€™t make it out. Itā€™s a huge DAC using 12bh7 driver tubes.

All my gear is tube design. Above pic of the Dragon lvl3 which is next to headphone stands is hybrid. The WA5 Le is silver amp which is SET. Below that is BottleHead Crack OTL.
The box that is kinda in pic is another headphone that stays in box until used. I use to be into balanced designs until introduced to single ended designs.

12 Likes

Iā€™m mostly gaming, so I feel like tubes are being wasted while doing so.

In case test Vioelectric. You are better off getting a cheap solid state for gaming. That tube amp I looked into and Iā€™m sure itā€™s not cheap. 2nd you buy pair HD6xx and hook them up to your tube amp youā€™ll be amazed. If all you have are those in ear planars then sells those and get some headphones.

Yeah I have full size cans but I prefer these to them. I could totally stop here but Iā€™d rather not. I really should re-buy the 6XXā€™s since I didnā€™t have tubes while I owned them.