Share snapshots of your present ENDGAME =D

Nick…nice amp you have there!! I have had mine for almost a year now and its the best amp I have ever had here…

Been selling off lots of stuff, amps and headphones.

My TOTL is pretty much the HPA-1 and feeding it into a 6CA7 speaker amp…its a solid 10 for me.

After many headphones, I have a new set of D8000 Pros…that for me are pretty much what I have been chasing for many years…another really superb headphone…causing me to sell many of my prior TOTL types of cans…

14 Likes
1 Like

You’re the man!

Not sure what Burson is doing here other than perhaps marketing this tech for not Burson products? This is what they say about the tech in the Conductor 3XR, it’s the same thing although beefy in the amp, can’t imagine this being inside a relatively small adapter.

1 Like

That Whammy is sick…you build yourself? Where did you source that case. …I have 2 x whammy pcbs sitting awaiting my attention.

2 Likes

Yup I built it myself.

I think I got it from digikey or mouser, its a red Hammond Case mentioned in the diy build thread.

Pretty decent amp, Class A, Wayne Colburns design…well thought out amp design…

I added the blue power led off a small circuit from the secondaries.
Also added a gain switch…for most cans this is not needed.

Only for the harder to drive cans.

Alex

3 Likes

I bought a new table recently to try and make my space more…ergonomic? User friendly?

Anyway, new set up for a right handed guy. Loving it so far.
Two views, with and without flash:

19 Likes

thumbnail_IMG_2816

Finally sitting with a pretty happy and comfortable setup here. Added some 9" risers to my Kanto YU2s to get them ear-level, and got rid of the SDAC and hooked up the BF2/Jot2 to them - instantly sounded better and I noticed a ton more low end coming through.

How obvious is it that I love Focal headphones? :rofl:

25 Likes

yo dawg I heard you like speaker stands…

1 Like

Holy shit bro

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

:rofl:

So without the S2 speaker stands, the the SP9 are great but it just feels like they’re almost angled down. The S2 stands weirdly fit - like, almost exactly - on top and the angle is more correct for my ears, so I just went with it! Thinking about adding a Kanto subwoofer to round off the system!

2 Likes

Not planning on stopping here but I have to start saving for things like university and maybe even a car although ill probably want to try out some abyss stuff before I buy a car

18 Likes

Just a quick suggestion, Mount the screens it will clean up the look and free up some space

1 Like

Not here for endgame show n tell really, just can’t sleep so up late listening to some jazz and I was just digging the new DAC so much that I was compelled to snap a pic.

My latest piece of kit, The Holo Spring 3 KTE sounds amazing
Spring 3 KTE
:notes:

26 Likes

:warning: Updated :warning:

[

Share snapshots of your present ENDGAME =D](Share snapshots of your present ENDGAME =D)

Off-Topic

/

juliangst

May 14

I also had those sony iems until they broke (got all my money back fortunetly). I have to get another pair some day, they sounded amazing.

monkey32

May 14

Gung-> Mjolnir–> Verite Closed ( or any ZMF) & Sash Tres Planar

Alternatively

Bifrost 2-> Jot 2 & Feliks Echo^2 → Verite Open (or any ZMF & Sash Tres Planar

Or

(Work) Element II → Hyland Jupiter’s

Ahobaka

May 14

Holy shit that wood cup is beautiful in the first pic. Which headphone is that?

Alan_Cronin

May 14

ZMF Verite Closed back with limited edition stabilised wood.

They had a sale of some earlier on today but I presume they are all sold out. I didn’t want to have the browser tab open tempting me. :slight_smile:

monkey32

May 14

These are an older set so not from current sale…2nd hand

Stealthbushido

May 14

:warning: Upgraded my “End Game” Amp for a Topping A90.

Audio Gear

DAC - RME adi-2 FS
Amp - Topping A90
Tube Pre Amp - Little Dot MK 2 with tube rolled (Russian) Voskhod tubes
Main Music Source Connected Via Coaxial Line -
(NEW!) S.M.S.L. SD-9 With 2tb portable HDD
Cable’s used - (DAC & AMP) Mogami Gold Balanced X2 (Little Dot MK 2 Tube Pre Amp) Mogami Gold RCA X4

Headphone Collection Used

Sennheiser - HD6XX
Sennheiser - HD700 (My Gaming Set)
Sennheiser - HD8DJ
Hifiman - Sundara
Meze - 99 Classics
Fiio FH3 (IEM’s)

Balanced cable’s used for all headphones are “Periapt” 10ft Pro XLR

8 Likes

Slowly replacing my desktop setup as my true “endgame”

Campfire Andromeda 2020
Fiio BTR5
LG G6

I’ve been in love with the CFA2020 ever since I first listened to them. Everything from the sparkling, detailed highs to the wonderful vocal presentation of the mids.

I’ve tried a solid run of the standard Chi-fi (Starfields, OH10, Kz ZS10 pro, P1, SSR, Tin T3, Legacy 3, etc) and never found any iem to be worth the hype when compared to my go-to over ear headphones.

The Andromeda’s just hit different. They’re the only headphone or iem I’ve heard that actually places you in the music (the Hifiman Arya come close but the isolation of an iem really takes it home). Not world class soundstage or imaging but the instrument separation and forward presentation is fantastic and miles above any of the iems I listed above. Not earth shattering bass (the OH10 takes that trophy) but quite good for balanced armature.

These are almost an addiction. I get iems now haha I just had to bite the $1100 bullet I guess. I have to force myself to actively listen to anything else and am seriously considering selling off most of my cans to give the U12t a try.

As for everything else:

The BTR5 should be on everyone’s radar by now. There isn’t much I can tell you that you don’t already know. It’s the best :man_shrugging:t2:

My old LG G6 is being used as my DAP because I fucking hate how laggy the Hiby R6 Pro is and the LG supports LDAC and my iPhone does not. Easy enough.

Current desktop endgame:

19 Likes

Convenience plays an astonishingly large role, dont it?

1 Like

Sell the R6 Pro and buy a DX300. It’s as fast as my S8 and appears to have a better display than the S8 (for some reason I can use the DX300 on max brightness, while I use my S8 on 25%-35% brightness).

1 Like

An easy way to breathe life into the DT880’s is the choice suede pads from Dekoni

1 Like