Share snapshots of your present ENDGAME =D

Love the set up, dude - really impressed and slightly jealous!

But seriously, do you have a website for your photog work? I believe I may have seen your work in the past, but I have since lost the link. I’m always looking for more inspiration. I shoot film on occasion as well - Mostly for family type images, never professional as I don’t trust me self enough, but it is great fun. Developing film is a painful process if you don’t have the right working environment though, I’ll tell you that!

There is a lot of stuff i dont upload ( shoot of a lot of NSFW stuff), 99% of it has been digital, film has been a "just for the fun of it kind of thing " for the most part though i have used it in some paid gigs.

Unfortunately in my neck of the woods film has become extremely expensive im talking 20$+ for a single roll of film (its all around the world but it particularly bad here), but this is new set up has been a reason to rescan and re-edit all my old film stuff - buying cheap DSLR + macro lens is cheaper than the fancy scanners and you get much more software support.

1 Like

Ahhh I gotcha - then I’ll have to skip on the viewing party as the wife may not be too thrilled about the NSFW stuff - that’s not to say I don’t respect that though, I think that type of work is incredibly difficult to get right but when the results work, it can be quite beautiful. In Art school, my main subject was human body studies, so I’m familiar with that in a different vein.

I bet You have great work on your insta, brother! I have also wanted to try that “cheap DSLR + Macro lens” way of digitizing Film and “developing”.

What is your main digital camera set up?

Thanks, and dont sweat it man, wasnt planning on posting it, would probablly get my kicked off the forum :smiley:
As far as gear

• Digital: Sony A7III +Sony 55mm 1.8 + Tamron 28-75 2.8 (very handy lens) + Sony 85mm 1.8 + Samyang 35mm 1.4.
  • Film: Nikon FE2 + 50mm 1.4, Nikon F90X + 50mm 1.4

I love primes but you gotta have some flexibility when working

1 Like

LOL - I get it, man. No worries at all - it could be seen as a little risky on a public forum but to me, it’s all art.

I have some experience with that Tamron 28-75 and I have to say, for its price it’s a fantastic little piece of kit. I shoot Nikon personally, I find the overall handling of Sony cameras leaves something to be desired. I will say though, the autofocusing system on board those Sonys is a work of art … really makes me consider switching some times.

Also, I’m a mad man so I use prime’s primarly, usually I switch between the Sigma 35 1.4 Art, and the Rokinon 85 1.4 (such an underrated lens).

Totally agree Nikon’s ergonomic are way better and I love the Sigma 35, but the supplier where i live is horrible, so after the swtich to sony i switch to samyang (BTW samyang and Rokinon are the same company :slight_smile: )
I could on and on and about this kind of stuff but we better cut the photography talk here, (maybe move it to the photography thread)

1 Like

Yeah, sorry - My apologies on derailing the thread :smiling_face_with_tear: I did actually know Samyang and Rokinon are the same brand, I forgot to mention that!

Anyways - Thanks for the talk, man! Enjoy the new office space, it’s bad ass!

1 Like

Its been a while since I have been on… catching up… doesn’t mean I haven’t been busy with audio Shenanigans. Some changes to main system… also a bedroom system in work.

Living Room Stereo

Yamaha A-S701 Integrated Amplifier
Topping D50s DAC
SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp
Schiit Mani Phono Preamp
Yamaha CD-S300 CD Player
HiFiMan Sundara Headphones
Audio-Technica AT-LP7 Turntable / Ortofon 2M Blue
MinisForum UM700 Mini PC through Topping D50s DAC for streaming and music library
Elac Uni-Fi UB52 Bookshelf Speakers
SVS SB-2000 12 inch Subwoofer

Bedroom Stereo

Wiim Mini Airplay 2 Streamer
Schiit Modi 3 D/A Converter
Aiyima T2 Pre Amp
Aiyima A07 Amp
Micca RB 42 Speakers
XDuoo Mt-602 Headphone Amp
Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Headphones with Zeos mod

14 Likes

When it comes to sources, this should be my endgame for a while :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

For about 10 min :smiley:

1 Like

Beyerdynamic DT-880 600 ohm (not pictured, 32 ohm)
Focal Elex
Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 closed
Meze Liric
Denon AH-D7200
Sennheiser HD 8XX
LSA HP-2
ZMF Verité open (desert ironwood)
Hifiman Arya Stealth

Also not pictured: Sivga SV-021 Robin, Koss KPH 30i, Ultrasone Signature X

Thinking about Meze Elite, Final Audio D8000 Pro, Spirit Torino, Focal Stellia/ Celestee/ Radiance/ Clear OG/MG…

Any suggestions for an addition different from the HPs already pictured? Headphones that’ll blow my mind?

8 Likes

You are so right :smiley:

Not even three days later i ordererd a Schiit Loki mini+ to put it in the chain between Zen Dac v2 and K7 :see_no_evil:

But hey, at least it´s not another source :smiley:

I like the idea of quickly tweaking the sound with hardware knobs…I see myself using this way more often than sotware EQ, especially when shuffling through my playlist with all kinds of genres and recording qualities

6 Likes

@Rinderkappajoe Congrats…Love my mini+

1 Like

lol… When it comes to these sort of hobbies/obsessions Its an endless chase though i do approve of the choice :smiley: ( i sadly cant get Schiit products).

1 Like

There’s the obvious choices of Susvara and Utopia, if you are willing to build systems for them that will allow them to really shine. Could also look into E-stats, like the Stax SR-009, the Hifiman Shangri-La Jr, or Warwick Bravura. Erzetich might be worth looking into. They’ve got some review units out right now making rounds that are getting pretty positive views. You’ve got a pretty wide mix, so you might be someone that likes the Sendy Peacock.

1 Like

@TimpTim44 Thank You! :slight_smile: I also got a good feeling about it, can´t go wrong with that option of tweaking the sound i guess :slight_smile:

@Naturallymorbid true that, it´s an addiction but at least it only kills our wallets! :smiley:
Where are you from that you can not puchase Schiit?

1 Like

Israel, but getting their product outside the US is a nightmare (also the whole 110V is a pain in the arse)

2 Likes

It never ends it just spreads lol

12 Likes

My current favorite desktop daily driver… I feel like the difficulty of driving the HE6 SE v2 is a bit exaggerated… I am using a schiit stack with Magni on high gain and it sounds pretty decent!

3 Likes

All that matters is what you think. If you think it’s a rockin’ combo, then it is. :+1:t3:

3 Likes