Share snapshots of your present ENDGAME =D

I’m still on the lookout for a reasonably price full tube amp. The MT-602 seems to be in the same class (sound wise) as my P20, so it doesnt seem as apealing to me, from what ive heard the TA-22 should be better than both, but im not in a rush

1 Like

Isn’t the TA-22 a Dac as well?

1 Like

yes it is a combo unit

2 Likes

I have thought it seemed like a good solution, but it also seems like it isn’t a very “tubey” amp. I have a few solid state choices already. I was thinking the MT-60x with my Topping DX1 would be a nice setup for my desk. I get tubes when I want them, but still have the solid state with the DX1.

I still think the Topping DX1 is the best desktop solution in its price range. For $100 you get a good AKM dac, and the amp is plenty for most headphones.

Ya im thinking we both need to wait for a “real tube amp” or something that sounds a little more tube like. Im running my Loxji P20 with the Topping D10 Balanced to give a little more juice

1 Like

I keep thinking something like the Dayton Audio HTA100 might be a good pick, but while the speaker amp is 100W ( overkill for my needs ), I can’t find specs on the power to the 1/4" headphone out.

On the headphone side, this is my current endgame:

15 Likes

@ShaneD Nice. Key word…“current” lol.

4 Likes

I cleaned up my audio rack today as I am putting my Schiit Loki up for sale.

I am also updating the headphone shot as I added two more sets in the last 20 days. :laughing:

I figure that at this point I should provide a list to follow along. :grin:

Starting bottom left and going clockwise:

1. Quad ERA-1’s
  2. Koss KPH30i’s
  3. Nectar Sound Ambrosia’s
  4. HiFiman HE6se V2’s
  5. Sennheiser HD660S2’s
  6. Audio Technica R70X’s
  7. Focal Radiance’s
  8. iBasso SR2’s
  9. Nectar Sound Bee’s
  10. Campfire Audio Cascade’s
  11. Focal Clear’s
  12. Grado Hemp’s
  13. Grado GH2’s
13 Likes

Addict!! :rofl:

2 Likes

My brain keeps picturing your chair saying “I’m all ears!” :laughing:

7 Likes

One of my earlier pictures of my system… I guess at this point I could actually call it “a system”

Here I just got the WA-6se and realized I can’t put it near the pc, so I had no source for my music and no DAC (SMSL M7 is on pc duty) anymore, and got the Zen Blue.

[UPDATE_2022]

Not end game by any stretch of imagination, but this is where I am at right now.
ProJect S2 Ultra StreamBox
ChordQtest
WA-6 SE (with 2 x 500GB HDD as support)
Archel 2,5 (as pre-amp)
RebelAmp

[UPDATE_2023]
Jcat Initio 3 PSU (powers Qtest and Pi2AES HAT)
Pi2AES 2.0 (instead of ProJect S2 Ultra StreamBox) + Pi4 + QED Reference Optical Quartz (real glass optical cable)
ChordQtest
WA-6 SE with 2 x IsoAcoustics Orea as support (Instead of 2 HDD)
iFi Neo iDSD powered from a power bank and is used as DAC+Pre for RebelAmp
RebelAmp

Gear out of the system:
ProJect S2 Ultra StreamBox
Archel 2,5

[UPDATE_2023_2] - one step closer to the end-game

Violectric V550 PRO (yes it does have a 4.4mm headphone jack)
ifi micro iUSB3.0 - now use to power on/off the Pi4
Gear out of the system:
RebelAmp

11 Likes

Leff to right: Abyss Diana V2, Monolith Liquid Platinum (Top, preferred tube: Amperex E188CC), Denafrips Ares II (Bottom), Woo Audio Fireflies Wa7 Gen 3, DarkVoice 336SE (Sylvania 6080 and RCA smoked glass 6SN7 VT-231), Sennheiser HD660S2.

11 Likes

This has been my go to and happy place for a while now…ZMF Atrium, and my Woo Audio WA6. My chain right now is PC>AMHD>Modius>Woo Audio WA6>ZMF Atrium. My next upgrade will be my SS Amp and Dac.

15 Likes

Nice, I will eventually get around to adding a ZMF headphone to my collection, but first I need a new Gaming monitor. I have been buying mostly planar headphones as of late.

Which DAC + Amp combinations have you been eyeing?

I am leaning towards a Violectric V222 or a Cayin iHA-6. If I go with the V222 I will pair it with a Bifrost 2. If I go with the Cayin I will have a few options, including the BF2, Musician Pegasus, DENAFRIPS ARES II or possibly even the matching Cayin dac. Once I am done with those upgrades I will keep saving up for my end game tube amp.

ZMF headphones become addictive and are a killer to the wallet…lol…They sound amazing though…I have had the opportunity to listen to a decent amount of their line up…I have not had a chance to listen the the closed Atrium…I have read a lot of good things about them…I want to eventually get a good pair of planar magnetic and the Caldera’s are at the top of the list…ZMF is also a great company to deal with plus the owner Zach is one of us when it comes to this hobby.

4 Likes

I turned on the stereo this morning and thought to myself: that’s it, I’m done with audio! I have spent time tweaking the system and now I’m satisfied with it :smiley:

And as for headphones, I’m done with them too. Add a subwoofer to the system and enjoy :sunny: I intend for this to be my last post here.

22 Likes

Alright community, what’s the over/under on how many weeks this holds up? :laughing:

I kid, Vichy. The systems and room look awesome! Enjoy!

2 Likes

Congratulations. It must be a good feeling. Now you can sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Happy listening!