Share snapshots of your present ENDGAME =D

:100:
Mon, and Torq (over at forum.headphones.com) have owned/evaluated so much gear that one can rest assured that they know what they’re talking about.

Mon has been more than helpful to anyone that’s ever asked a direct question. We’re lucky here to have Mon here!

4 Likes

Crossfeed. Allows for the simulation of stereo imaging heard as though you’re listening to a pair of monitors. It basically plays a little bit of L/R to the opposite channel.

SPL does alot of studio gear, and most of their products have a studio focus, so they typically have features helpful for music production

2 Likes

if people are looking at dacs and you have 788 usd then recommend denafrips ares 2. the website its on is confusing as it in Singapore usd for more. I got mine off drop and its better then the smsl d1 which is more. its a r2r dac.

1 Like

The ares 2 is great for the price, can recommend for sure

The only thing negative I’ve seen of the Ares 2 is people having issues with the USB component failing and some measured and reported inconsistencies between the channels.

I haven’t heard that happening, but yeah that would be something to watch out for then

I earlier posted a pic of my “home office” setup, where i admittedly do very little actual work (work is best to keep at the actual office), but is where i mostly sit browsing the internet, and watch a few tv series streaming etc. And it is where i do most of my music listening (either with a headset or the speakers.

I also have a little “man cave” in the basement, with a gaming pc, and a home theater setup. So here are those setups :

Gaming pc (sorry for the messy cabling and cluttered desk) :

DAC: Fiio E10k Olympus2
Speakers : Klipsch RB-81 II
Amp: Yamaha a-s501 ( https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/hifi_components/a-s501/index.html )
Sub: Old 10" Klipsch ( https://www.klipsch.com/products/ksw-10-subwoofer )
Monitor: Samsung curved 144hz 27" 1080p monitor
PC: i7-3770k (overclocked ot 4.2ghz on all cores) - 16gb ram - 1tb of SSD storage - Nvidia gtx1070

racing setup :
Oculus Rift VR headset (there is also an old 27" benQ monitor for when i dont use VR)
thrustmaster ts-pc base
f599xx wheel
th8a shifter
t3pa pro pedals
fanatec club sport handbrake)
Old BMW seat on slider, mounted on 2x4"s painted in green

Home Theater:

Audio Pro surround speaker set, with the Audio Pro Blue Diamond V3 front speakers that has a 10" powered sub in each for that rumble in action movies). It is hooked up to an onkyo tx-nr609 receiver and a old 55" lg. Using a computer to stream and watch movies as my tv has crap “smart” functionality. Also, there is a LG BR player, a sat.tv decoder and an old apple tv somewhere in there :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Been trying to create a DAC shortlist

Bifrost 2 Multibit
Used Gungnir Multibit
Denafrips Ares
Soekris 1321/1421
Used RME Adi
Metrum Acoustics Flint or Amethyust
Massdrop Artiste

Prices intended to be <$1000, some of them are much less than $1000, some possibly a few dollars more.
I won’t be able to audition most of them, so it’ll have to be purchase, and sell.
Anything I should add?

Thankfully I haven’t had issues with my Ares 2.

topping d90?
cant get over how nice the Marantz HD-DAC1 looks $799 but i guess its also a amp

yeah using a pc is the best way to have “smart” functionality. not having to limit yourself to apps too. pcs are great for the entertainment aspect

Thats what i feel too, smart tv’s are often ha bit of a hassle to use compared to a PC, not only due to app limitations, but the whole user experience. Navigating a smart tv with a remote can be a bit of a hassle compared to running it through a pc imho :slight_smile:

1 Like

:clap::clap::clap:. That looks like plenty of work and time went into it. Awesome racing set-up, i find those all so cool! Very nice.

Thanks!

I’ve always been into racing games, even remember racing games on my Commodore 64 back when i was a little kid where my favorite games, then later on the Amiga and PC. Love the immersion the Oculus Rift and rig gives, and it would not be the same mounting the wheel on the desk and play from my office chair :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m so satisfied with how my aeolus sounds that really, I’ve just been looking at possible dac/amp upgrades and not other headphones. Thinking about a D90, Ares II, ADI 2, but was more unsure about an amp upgrade, definitely thinking about the rnhp now though. It has to be said that the D50 + Atom combo has served me well and sounds great with what I have. No doubt his SU8 + SP200 is also great as well, since it’s similar to my setup. So although I’m thinking about upgrading my stuff it isn’t a high priority right now at all, and if I did it would most likely be a few months from now.

Or maybe Santa could get me a Holo Audio Spring 2 KTE and an Audiovalve Solaris for Christmas.

4 Likes

Does the shed have good acoustics?

Priorities, right?

3 Likes

Well first priority is power. Ive been eyeing the neighbors outdoor power outlet. Thing is, my HiFi Audiophile Power Cord is only 6.5 foot long. And what about power conditioning?

1 Like

Several HiHi power cords.

But then you wouldnt be able to afford the shack

I do most of my living in this space so don’t mind the mess
Its Klipcsh RP600Ms, Marantz PM6006, audio-gd r2r 11 2019. Also on the desk a cheap record player that needs to be replaced, a Breeze Audio linear power supply for the Fx-Audio Tube 01 which sits on a Koss energizer, next to it is a Schiit Modi 2 that I use for weird reasons. The reason being that in American Truck Simulator and European Truck Simulator 2 the sound is skipping, crashing, lagging with the AudioGd R2R dac for some reason, works fine with the Schiit :smiley:

7 Likes