Share snapshots of your present ENDGAME =D

I was a bit more self-conscious about uploading a photo especially since my room treatment looks so ghetto :laughing: , but here is my endgame for [ā€œthe next yearā€]

14 Likes

wow it looks great! i love the room, those speakers look legit

3 Likes

Looks good! :+1:t4:

1 Like

Your room treatment is at least planned in some way.

Mine is by randomness: It just so happens, that sound that travels past me hits my sloped roof and gets reflected into my bed for absorbtion. The random things on shelfs and cloths act as other echo absorber.

1 Like

Over winter break, I started to make my own frames to make my own panels. After a short while, I got lazy and just nailed moving blankets on the reflection points and it did a surprisingly good job. Zero WAF, but gets some the job done.

3 Likes

Maybe its not your prefeable sound signature? I like the full sound tubes and stuff like it can give. but i prefer the more analytical sound a solid state amp and delta sigma DAC gives. One of the reasons i want to get a RME DAC

Looks awesome

2 Likes

Hmm, moving blanketsā€¦ i have a bunch of themā€¦are you using something behind the speakers as bass traps?

Again, itā€™s ghetto, but I have foam workout/weightlifting squares that I have wrapped moving blankets around. I have bookcases and plants in the opposite corners.

Directly behind the speaker is just a thick blackout curtain

2 Likes

Hmm, i own a bunch of those matts too. I donā€™t care that itā€™s ghetto, iā€™m done spending money on this crap, iā€™m in the hole for almost $15k this year alone (i really bought a shit metric ton of stuffšŸ¤£). Ghetto works for me, for now, my house, GF puts up with stupid shit, itā€™s a nice house otherwise and she likes a roof over her headā€¦does this stuff make enough differenc to justify the stupidity of it?

6 Likes

I agree ā€“ hence the house/audio hacks. :laughing:

1 Like

This makes me feel better lol

2 Likes

I thought i heard some strange noises, very close to my hole.
Wondering how many there are?

1 Like

I was once a rich man. Now i live in someone shed. I gave it all to Audio. A dark shadowy figure offered me work as a hit man. Pays well. But iā€™m morally opposed. But damn i want the Hifiman Arya so badā€¦

3 Likes

is your Ananda already burnt in properly? :stuck_out_tongue:

sha, its not good enough. iā€™m sending it back

I got the feeling you will be hunting your endgame until the heat death of the universe.

1 Like

There will be no death for the universe Meze. It will last forever. And so will my audio quest.

Oh you sweet inocent child.

1 Like

O.O wellā€¦ I better start packing

2 Likes