Share snapshots of your present ENDGAME =D

All these setups look really cool. I’m too poor to have anything fancy but i hope someday i can post something fairly decent here. i have a question though. For all these electronics, does everyone use power conditioners? if so, any recommendations?

2 Likes

Typically unless you have very very poor power at your place of residence, it won’t make much of a difference. The only thing that I’ve ever heard a difference with was a ps audio power plant in an apartment with almost clipping ac (really distorted signal) an a really old apartment building that had alot of other uses. Most of the time, a power conditioner in my mind is more to protect the equipment from surges rather then improve sound quality. And I should also mention it was with a pretty insane speaker setup, so I highly doubt most reasonable setups would notice a difference. You would be much better off using that money and putting it towards headphones/speakers/amps/dacs then a power conditioner.

Edit: it was even bad enough at that apartment that his system actually sounded different throughout the day depending on the amount of people using the electricity.

4 Likes

the house that i live in right now is pretty old. some outlets don’t even work anymore due to wires being brittle. It looks like the previous owner did replace some of the wiring but not all. I guess i should buy a conditioner just in case. Just to ease my mind.

You can, but I wouldn’t recommend spending more then $100 USD on one

2 Likes

Also you know a power conditioner usually just prevents surges and quells emi. It does not usually remove imperfections in the signal such as distortion, phase issues, or lopped off sine waves.

1 Like

If James Bond were an audiophile this is what his study would look like.

10 Likes

All I know is that for guitar amplifiers, basically everyone is using/recommending Furman power conditioners.

Good reviews on this one

I was thinking when I saw the picture, “Only thing missing are a pair of Argons.” LOL

2 Likes

hows the tone board?

the dac a frekking tank! hekk! RME 1, Ikea desk table 0 but after this, my RME on a well needed vacation in germany. he is fine. no but it wasnt really because of the table, it was a faulty part so thats why i ended up having to get it off to send it out

Eames chair is end game.

5 Likes

Speakers:
Sonus Faber Cremona 5.1 system (4x Cremona towers, Cremona center, Cremona sub)

Main A/V Stack:
McIntosh C2600 Vacuum Tube Pre-Amplifier
McIntosh MX122 A/V Processor
McIntosh MC8207 Home Theater Amplifier

Sources / Chains:
Roon -> Mac Mini -> Ayre QB9-DSD (USB) -> C2600 (balanced)
Roon -> Google Chromecast Audio -> RME ADI-2 DAC (optical) -> C2600 (balanced)
Arcam DV79 -> C2600 (RCA stereo)
Arcam DV79 -> MX122 (RCA 5.1, for DVD-Audio)

Headphone Stacks:
C2600 -> Stax SRM-727II (balanced) -> Stax L700
C2600 -> Massdrop x THX AAA 789 amp (balanced) -> all the headphones

Screens:
115" Stewart Studiotek projection screen
2 x 65" LG 4K HDR OLED TVs

Gnome:
Jim with Hands in Pockets (model for Halflife 2, etc)

36 Likes

Amp/dacs: Schiit Gungnir, Lyr, Jotunheim, Loki, Darkvoice 336se, JDS Labs ol dac.

Headphones: Audeze LCD X, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser HD 58x jubilee, Audeze Sine, Fostex purpleheart with ZMF ori pads, Sony mdr1a, Sony mdr XD100 with brainwavs pads (One of my first headphones), Beyerdynamic DT990 pro, Creative aurvana live (x2), Razer thresher (modded to fit brainwavs sheepskin xls) Koss Ksc75, Tin T3.

14 Likes

Hole-ly crap! Now that is a great first post!

How do you like the Sonus speakers? I like that you went for 4 full size speakers and a center.

3 Likes

Yes, hi. I use the iFi AC iPurifier. (as well as a Furman) Using the AC iPurifier, there is a noticeable difference. I am already using power conditioners, but when I plug into the outlet above the existing power conditioner cord, the vocals of the music get elevated and pushed forward in the mix. Imagine a virtual space where the mix is, and the vocals seem to be pushed out about 3-4 inches from the rest of the mix and sweetened just a touch. It’s really nice. I’ve replicated this on powered studio monitors (Adams) and also Marantz gear. Thinking about buying another one soon.

1 Like

I absolutely love the Sonus Faber sound. I spent hundreds of hours (back in 2004) auditioning speakers before I settled on the Cremonas. Not only were they among the very best 2-channel speakers I auditioned, but the matching center and sub took all the guesswork out of finding matching speakers for movies and gaming.

When it came to surround sound, my room won’t work for wall-mounted surrounds, but I was able to fit two more full-size towers in the rear of the room, equidistant to the sweet spot. While that’s not the typical recommended way to do surrounds, that setup works well for gaming since the sound sources pan well when I move around dynamic 3D worlds. And the surrounds are perfectly matched to the mains because they’re the same speaker.

4 Likes

My current stack right now, Sennhiser HD6XX, Little Bear B4 for portable use, Klipsch THX Ultra 2 7.2 home theater system, and a old ass pioneer elite vsx 84txsi that desperately needs to be replaced.

8 Likes

Those are some of the manliest speakers I’ve seen!

Out of curiosity, do you ever have interference issues while listening with your B4?

Ya, probably why my girlfriend hates them so much, but they slap as the kids say, and yes I have to keep my B4 far away from my phone or anything that puts off a radio signal.

1 Like