Share snapshots of your present ENDGAME =D

She’s what many would call “hella nasty” in some circles. :eyes:

1 Like

Those eyelashes are bizarre.

Glad to hear it got sorted. Funny the mixup was USA-side when we can’t get Campfire USA to sell us MW10s here. I’d complain, but I’ve read far too many similar (worthy) gripes like, for example, how much it costs to have Elex shipped to the EU. :wink:

Eyelashes? You’re looking at her eyelashes?

Why are you all still talking about this lol

1 Like

Because…

She has never done much for me and does even less at 50 years old.

5 Likes

Just dropped in to see what condition this discussion is in:

6 Likes

Yes please route this back to audio lol

7 Likes

No clue.

…you’re all [10] characters

2 Likes

You put your DAP on a mouse pad that looks like rug. Just got that.

It really ties the room together…man.

6 Likes

That’s like, your opinion, man.

4 Likes

ENDGAME: Price Disparity Edition

Pictured: Astell & Kern SP1000 + Amp, Koss KPH30i

16 Likes

Very nice.

Sweet…tunes on point too :+1:

2 Likes

…that was one banging party someone kicked over your jukebox man :raised_hands:

3 Likes

That’s a gorgeous case.

Something tells me you don’t hear all the details you could hear. :stuck_out_tongue:

Agreed. He needs to upgrade to the A&ultima SP2000.

1 Like

I assume you mean the Astell & Kern co-branded Van Nuys case?

It’s kind of annoyingly expensive for a case ($150), but it is very well made and a perfect fit for the SP1000 + Amp. I went all-in on that case for the SP1000 since the size and weight of that player/amp combo makes it rather semi-portable, and perhaps a little more prone to damaging itself or something else simply from momentum. I like that I can toss that case in my work bag or a carry-on and not worry about the DAP, and I always have a means to top off the charge when needed.

By contrast, I spent all of $9 on a “hard drive” case for my SP1000M:

That case has an elastic strap to hold the DAP, an internal padded divider to protect the screen, and a little pouch for its USB cable. Performs the same job as the Van Nuys case with similar ruggedness, a little extra style, and a less optimal (but “good enough”) fit.

The SP1000+Amp is the “drive anything” portable reference source, whereas the M is the streamlined portable unit for IEMs / on-the-go.

Amazingly, the KPH30i passed the “Ticket to Ride” test.

At the very end of the last track on DSotM there is an accidental bit of Beatles hiding in the noise floor (see Wikipedia link above). I first discovered it by accident while listening to Stellias on that same DAP. Now it has become a fun litmus test for various playback chains to see whether I can detect that sonic watermark.

On exceptionally resolving gear it’s clear as day. Even on a lot of even decent gear it’s too quiet to pick up, or at least not so easy to make out–the kind of thing you’d never notice if you didn’t already know it was there.

On the KPH30i I can hear the melody of the string part pretty well, which really speaks to the clarity and detail retrieval of these super-inexpensive on-ears. I’m even getting a hint of it from my phone (Note 9 / Tidal app), though I really have to strain to pick that up.

The highs are pretty severely rolled off (missing?) on these little phones, but otherwise they are certainly respectable. I can see why they’ve gotten the attention they have. I feel like I ought to pack them up with the space blanket, flashlight and fire-starting gear in my truck, so that if I ever get stranded while 4-wheeling I will have “Emergency HiFi,” lol. Either that, or take them to Best Buy and leave them among the Beats and Skullcandies with a note that says “Life is Too Short for Bad Audio.”

Nooooo!!! :dizzy_face:

Still have the AK380 pictured above on the mousepad, the SP1000 and M described here, and a Kann Cube that’s a less-endgame alternative to the SP1000+Amp for using as an XLR-out source or driving power-hungry cans. And my wife got the SR15 because it’s uber-tiny. I don’t need another A&K player, lol.

The Topping D90 scratched my “needs an AKM4499” itch. I can slum it with the 1000 for life on the go. :rofl:

6 Likes