Shipments received for Vokyl Erupt

normal for kickstarter is nothing gets shipped and the company stops communicating. vokyl while they are technically delayed they seem to ship units out so thats great news.

We got one boys: https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/cjkdai/a_focking_vokyl_erupt_crushed_everything_at_this/

1 Like

Order #116 here, Iā€™ll update here whenever I get an email from them with shipping details ($265, if anyone was wondering). Iā€™m guessing @ZeosPantera is in the next batch (not the ones from the update, but the batch after that)! Hopefully more impressions and pics will trickle onto reddit and here.

Order #61 just received a shipping confirmation. Anyone know how many were in the $225 tier? Iā€™m #116 and managed to get in the $250 tier, but towards the end when Zeos had just put the video up on Patreon.

Thereā€™s only 50 going by the orders found on indiegogo. The $250, $275 and $300 tiers have 200 each.

1 Like

Ooh, already into the next tier then! Looks like we should hopefully get a new update from them soon. I wonder how many they shipped out at once? Iā€™m hoping that they shipped up to at least #75, so I can get them by the end of August/early September :smile: I wonder how big the shipment wouldā€™ve been had the mic issues and making the 2 cables not held them up. Maybe 40 per order, if we wanted to be optimistic and balanced (which probably isnā€™t the case). Hopefully they were still able to refine their assembly process during this time to get more out per batch!

I wouldnā€™t count on an update any time soon as they have been very vague on order details (someone asked if there order was coming up and they said ā€œin the next batchā€, that was 2 months ago and he recently commented that he still hadnā€™t received his). Not that I believe theyā€™re being disingenuous in any way (in fact I think theyā€™re putting off information because they are afraid of that), but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if the next update was still a month away, only then saying they made like 300 orders.

I just got my shipment notification, and Iā€™m ā€œcontribution ID 119ā€.

1 Like

Was your order unique in anyway (moved house, special colour scheme, etcā€¦)? I just ask as you are first person to announce this in almost 60 consecutive orders.

Nothing unique here, just a single Cobalt blue unit.

Order #116 here, I emailed them around 1 PM EST. No email back yet, but Iā€™m guessing they check emails early morning or late night and then are just assembling Erupts for 10+ hours a day. Hopefully Iā€™ll hear back by tomorrow morning and can report something.

Also, @Sonofholhorse when you get yourā€™s in you should start an impressions/review thread, I think you might be the first person on HifiGuides to receive theirā€™s (other than Zeos, I suppose). Iā€™ll be sure to post my impressions as well :slight_smile:

Got an email from Jude 20 minutes before the most recent update went up. Mine have shipped, they sent out Sonā€™s first since they already had the parts together to assemble and needed some more time to get mine made (since I had no splatter blue). Depending on how their stock of these parts fluctuates, you could have others that get shipped out ahead of you, but not by much (Iā€™d expect less than 24 hours to receive shipment notice). Looking forward to getting mine!

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Iā€™m only around 30 places behind you. It will now be a race to see if I get mine before the kickstarter anniversary!

Got my set today. Comes in a box with a very minimalist aesthetic (think JDS Labs), with everything packed into the hardcase inside. Iā€™ll save impressions on sounds for when Iā€™ve put them through their paces and had time to do some comparisons, but I will say, right off the bat (with the perforated pads installed) they smack of quality, are very comfy with the perfect amount of clamp and substantial but light weight. I am very impressed so far by the sound, they seem fairly balanced and are wonderfully wide in the soundstage, with good imaging, too. Theyā€™ve been great for both music and movies while I start breaking them in and getting used to them, and I think that they are well worth the wait. The value for what you get at the price you paid (anywhere up to their retail price) seems damn good.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ANYONE WHO WILL BE USING THESE ON PC
I missed this in the FAQ, and I imagine other people will as well: in order to use these with the mic on a PC, YOU WILL NEED AN ADDITIONAL 3.5mm SPLITTER THAT IS NOT INCLUDED. If you have any questions on this (or anything else technically-related to the headset), I urge you to vokyl.io and check the FAQ or contact them at [email protected] with your queries. For what itā€™s worth, I scooped this adapter on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071V61PB8/

2 Likes

Nice. I know youā€™re not about to pad swap after just getting them, but the reddit poster that reviewed these said they even further improved by putting beyer velour pads on them (with the backings removed). Really exiting to see some impressions finally coming through now.

1 Like

Great to hear, Son! Mine will be here Monday (though crossing my fingers they somehow come tomorrow). Do you have many pads to swap, or a balanced cable you could test them with (if you have the gear to test balanced)? Was thinking of getting a balanced cable for them even though they are 80 ohm just to have a nice custom cable. Also wondering what some chunky ZMF pads could do to the soundstage :thinking:

For a second I legitimately thought you were making him out as your son (Not that having a hifi dad would be any less than great. Certainly make this hobby cheaper to get into to). As for the pads, because the driver is angled, putting angled pad (I assume those are the zmf pads your taking about), could be problematic. The reddit guy told me you get more subbass by feeding it more power, however, it runs just fine off a smartphone.

Unfortunately, I run everything unbalanced (Primarily off of JDS Labs Element or Atom), and I have no other pads on hand that I know will fit (I am also not much of a ā€˜pad-rollerā€™). I am sure that some of the others getting theirs soon will be able to provide all of the info that you need! I will say, though, that they indeed love some extra juice, so while a balanced source certainly isnā€™t necessary, I could see it being a good choice.

1 Like

No problem! I have a THX 789, so Iā€™ll hopefully hear from Zeos how they are balanced when he puts out his final review (2.5mm into the cups/CTIA, pretty sure he has a cable thatā€™ll work). I also donā€™t have a lot of pads, though maybe Iā€™ll try just holding my X2 pads up to the cups if theyā€™re close in size.