Show me your backside

MY cabling OCD can’t take it. Keep it coming! LOL. @AllegroMaestoso that spooled up speaker cable in your second pic makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up just looking at it! Something about coiled up cable with an electric current running through it creating a magnetic field an such. :slight_smile:

In the grand scheme of things who know how much actual impact it’s having on your sound, but years of hands on work installing cellular phones and radios back in the day, I’d offer to go to your house and re-wire your shit just for a meal and a couple beers .

3 Likes

Reminds me of a Jackson Pollock. :wink:

1 Like

I wanted to try out the Matrix Audio USB interface thingy and a SPIDF splitter to see what it’s like to connect 4 DAC’s via SPIDF inputs. I also wanted to try out P50 linear power supply to my Project prebox S2 DAC. I took apart my whole desktop and paired it down to 2 Sugden Amps, an old Headmaster class A HP/pre-amp and an FPA-4 class A speaker amp.
This was a very worthwhile experiment and has allowed me to really compare DAC’s and listen to the differences between each much better than I have been able to do in the past. I am so thankful to M0N for the input and recommendations on different parts of this kit.
Now go ahead and have fun ripping into my sad cabling organization :joy: and lack of separation between power and RCA cables…LOL. It’s allot harder to keep things nicely separated than some folks make it look.

9 Likes

Not shabby at all. Keeping the AC cables exactly the lenght needed and no more is one of the best ways to reduce introduced noise. You got some perfect fits there. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Yeah, I have been listening to and paying attention when I read to what you much smarter than I types say, so when I order wires, power cords, cables etc. I now buy multiple lengths of each same style because I never know what I’m gonna come up with next so that way I can try and pick and choose better according to the situation at hand. It gets expensive but I have NO NOISE and NO issues with wiring at all having stuff like this on hand. Makes for an overall much more enjoyable experience when coming up with new ways to play with this stuff :+1:t2:

Some tidying up of my backside with the recent additions. A/B switch for the BP DAC. Under the bench… OCD visual clutter. The RCA out of the BP DAC goes into an A/B switch I made a bit back and then the goes to the line in of the Crack and the Freya. Neat and tidy. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

My desktop cabling. There’s just way too much stuff to keep everything super tidy but at least everything is coiled and up off the floor.

4 Likes

Here it is, bare for all to see.

Funny though, just noticed scrolling through the thread, you can see the evolution of my stereo system as I “rewire” stuff cause, upgrades. I try to practice what I preach. Best practice wiring techniques. They work and it looks pretty, so a win/win. No obscenely expensive cables either. All either home made or scavenged for bargains.

6 Likes

This hurts me greatly. Now let’s look at my shame.

Not audio cause im portable only.

8 Likes

That is a SERIOUS rig man!

1 Like

Hahaha. Tyvm. I think sim racing is the only thing keeping me sane since covid shut down the track I use to go to. Plus, since I sold my track car, I actualy came out ahead :joy:

Now I just need to figure out how to add a desk to the rig cause it takes up basicaly the entierty of my free space

Please excuse the fact I live in a nursery (and the clutter, reorganizing since I must moved my rig and had to get rid of my desk). With no one coming over and how nice it is to have a light colored room for once (i am fairly certain every other bedroom i have ever had has been brown) I havent exactly been motivated to redecorate :joy:

4 Likes

You know what headphones would match your monitor arrangement?

:rofl:

4 Likes

Nah. Way too normal for zoom. Ima get some SR1a to show clients how dedicated I am to haring their voice in the highest fidelity possible. They will match my CF print suit perfectly :ok_hand:

1 Like

pretty hap with my bacc

7 Likes

Organized chaos reigns everywhere for me :bangbang: :rofl:

There are times when I wish I was more of a WiFi guy :wink:

BAC90813-3CAC-4B08-B7CB-310EE133C10F_4_5005_c

6 Likes

:nauseated_face:

my ocd can’t handle shit like that. lol

VERY nice rig!!

haha. TYVM. Its a fun hobby

Sim racing is a little addicting…