Shozy Form1.1 iem

Can anybody tell me what size the nozzle is on these? I’m looking at some Spinfits and I don’t know whether to get the CP100 or the CP145. Are they a 4mm or 4.5mm? tia

I find that large silicone tips work best for me.
Best isolation…fit…and FR… they do seal well so after a while it does have the feeling of being closed in. I believe almost all kinds of tips will fit these.

I will receive mine today, I can tell you later.

Ok, I got it, the CP145 fits very easy (this is the wider of the two you mentioned), so you will be able to use both. A note though: The nozzle of the 1.1 is a bit short, so you might want to get the longest eartip, a couple mm. can help with sealing (I am having a bit of trouble here)

Acoustune AET08 is also a good tip for the 1.1 because the stem isnt as long as the CP145 and the material is harder so it doesnt slip out too. ( cheaper than the Final Type E tips and almost as good)

Curious to hear your thoughts once you have had a chance to listen!

1 Like

I went ahead and got the Final E mixed pack so I could experiment on these and my BL-03. The mixed pack comes with 5 different pairs so I thought it would be worth it.

1 Like

Sure, but isnt the E500/E1000 only like 7 usd more? you get the same Type E mixed pack in those too… and the iem itself ( E1000 at least) is a really good neutral set.

Yeah it was going to be about $10 more. Honestly I did it because I just promised my wife I wouldn’t buy another set for a while. I didn’t say anything about tips. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Will do, give me one or two days…

1 Like

@Rikudou_Goku I took a look at your spreadsheet. I notice that you personally rank the Shozy 1.1 over the KxxS. I almost bought the Starfields (which Crinacle has said is basically a cheaper KxxS) and then decided on the Shozy instead mainly because of cost and shipping time. How would you compare and contrast the sound signature of the 1.1 to the KxxS?

I have heard the starfields recently and I agree with this statement, they are pretty great

2 Likes

Well I hope your Shozys come in one of these days so you can give a comparison!

Honestly at this point I don’t even know if it will ever come lol. I was never send a tracking number so I have no idea, I have emailed linsoul and nothing lol

Well the 1.1 has more bass quantity and is faster/tighter, mids are more even between male and female vocals and treble is more relaxed. If you like more neutrality ( although female vocal is a bit more forward and overall signature is brighter and can be more prone to sibilance) then the KXXS is better. But for me I just like the 1.1s signature more and quality wise they are on par.

Testing starts now. This showdown is going to be going down all weekend.

4 Likes

Edit: Updated with my expanded write up that was posted on Reddit.

A little about me: I have been on the hunt for a nice set of IEMs for on-the-go use, as well as sharing duty with some over ear headphones at work when I want to switch things up. I haven’t tried tons, but I’ve been slowly working my way through some Chi-fi. My first set was the KZ ZSX. I enjoyed these for a few months and played around with accessorizing them with new tips, an upgraded cable, a matching KZ zip case… Then saw some hype around the BL-03 so I caught them on sale and purchased. Once they arrived I swapped out the cable with a 2 pin I had bought, threw some Dakoni tips on and realized instantly that I preferred the BLON signature to the KZ. Someone over on r/avexchange ended up with a nicely accessorized ZSX shortly after that. After living with the BLON for a while I still greatly enjoyed the sound but I started to be bothered by a couple things. The 2 pin cable I purchased didn’t fit down over the connector on the IEM housing which gave it an exposed and unfinished look. I was not about to go back to the stock cable, so I cut a small ring off the nozzle of the included ear tips and used that to cover the connection, which looks… not great. I never really loved the look of these IEMs to begin with and this definitely didn’t help but it made me feel better about the exposed connection. The pins also slowly slide out over time so I have to push them back in every time I get them out to listen. Using the foam tips I didn’t have trouble getting the BLON to fit but they still did not feel the most secure or natural fitting in my ears. I started to realize these were not the IEMs of my driams. My desire to letmusicburn led me to nevergiveup and I set out looking for my next set. My hope was to find something around the $100 mark with a nicer build and if possible, improve on the sound I had come to love in the BLON. Enter the Shozy Form 1.1.

I’ve been listening to them for a few days now and I feel like I can give a brief summary. I haven’t been doing this for very long and this is the most I’ve written about anything audio related so please be kind. :slight_smile: I definitely enjoy these IEMs. They are shaping up to be a solid replacement for my BL-03 for everyday wear, especially at work. I love the way they look and feel. The cable feels really nice and the overall fit is not as fiddly as the BLON. These feel like a much more premium product, and they should at their price point which is more than double the BLON.

As for the sound, they feel just a bit more refined and under control than the BLON, especially in the bass. It feels a little tighter and it doesn’t creep into the mids as much. It still hits hard and the sub bass has good rumble. It sounds to me like the sub-bass is more noticeable on the Shozy. It may not be any stronger than the BLON, but I think the sub-bass might be masked a little bit by the mid-bass emphasis that the BLON has. If you are concerned about bass, you need not worry. The Form 1.1 delivers.

The highs are nice and crisp and they don’t bother me for extended listening sessions. I haven’t noticed any sibilance or fatigue. They seem to extend to about the same region as the BLON while being slightly more forward. Differences are more subtle to my ears here and admittedly I’m still learning to assess the higher frequencies.

Mids are nice and present with some good body as well. Vocals are enjoyable and don’t get drowned out by the rest of the mix. One thing I was worried about in switching from the BLON was that I would miss what I perceived to be the “natural” sound that they do so well (timbre?). But I’m happy to report I don’t feel like I’m missing anything with the Shozys. I feel like the sound is a little smoother overall, but still very fun and exciting for the energetic music that I tend to listen to. (Classic Rock, Metal, Alternative, Folk, Electronic, Ambient, Soundtracks)

I won’t go into soundstage and imaging comparisons because I feel like they are very similar in those areas. There hasn’t been anything that stuck out to me as being either noticeably better or worse on the Shozy than the BLON. Both project an adequate soundstage and imaging that is good enough to make you turn around and say “what was that?” every once in a while when something weird pops up in a track. I’m not a gamer either, so you’ll have to go elsewhere for that analysis.

In summary, these are not leaps and bounds ahead of the BLON in terms of sound quality, but my ears prefer them just a little bit more. Combine that with some sparkly good looks, a very comfortable fit, and a premium feeling cable and I think these are worth the extra cash over the BLON to get a more cohesive package. Plus they are $60 on Drop right now so you can save yourself $15 and then go spend that on some Final E Series tips like I did and make them just a little bit better. Enjoy the music everyone!

7 Likes

I just read your comparison on r/headphones, I thought you would’ve just copy pasted over but you didn’t. Not 100% anyway. Lol

Yeah I did this one first but this community has been involved with my search so I didn’t go into as much detail. I decided to fill it out a little more before I put it up on Reddit. Trying to decide whether to update this post with that same content or not.