Shp9500 amp. need info

hey guys, just a quick post looking for some info on this. Buddy bought this headphone and his pos laptop will not push this headphone so hes going to need an amp/dac. Ps4 also doesn’t push this headphone(shocker) so it has to be compatible with console. Need something cheap that fully pushes the shp9500 none of that half cocked pushing it almost but not fully stuff lol. Less than $100 is required here cheaper the better.

I am fairly positive theres stuff out there, to my knowledge the syba should be an option but I have seen reports it doesn’t fully drive them. Honestly thinking about like the E10k maybe if itll work on the ps4 or the fx audio

Schiit hel? Steelseries gamedac used(I’m sure there’s tons out there)?

more than aware theres tons out there. Trying to find the cheapest best option for this… not the biggest budget available on this… and hel definitely aint happening thats way too expensive. Its only 32 ohms for that headphone… Honestly, I am more surprised his computer cant drive it

Douk u3 and a bm-800 mic lol. $60.

its got that v-moda attachment already on the headphone… so mics aren’t even needed.

like $30 not bad honestly. Though are we sure this can actually drive the shp9500?

Oh yeah. It just doesn’t have mic throughput. It’s 1.3w @32(?)ohm class a

Definitely not bad, though I am sure its just a straight amp though right? would mean he’d need a dac.

Could use a $2 splitter and separate the mic

Idk what the rules are on using a 3.5mm to rca adapter from a motherboard but that could work

I tried this first before I went to trying to figure this out… he gets some fuzzy static from direct connections… hes definitely going to need a dac

Might be able to dongle dac the u3

1 Like

well the issue is it would need dac compatible with the ps4… of which ps4 requires optical. Not sure the u3 is going to work out in this case

Im pretty sure ps4 does usb sound these days but I could be wrong

I’d say look at the new Fulla.

I think that’s what I meant when I said hel earlier lol.

Does a shp9500 really need much to push?

It doesn’t seem like it should.

i’m not gonna claim some crazy scaling but they do scale with power to some degree and they sound awful through an xbox controller (and they don’t get very loud) so i could see some motherboards not powering it all that well

no, which is the reason I am shocked. He has to max the volume to 100% to get proper volume on it though when I use it on my own setup it runs fine. Hell his phone gets it louder than the laptop as does the ps4 but even then the ps4 isn’t fully pushing it either and its rather noticeable.

I don’t think a fulla would be necessary. Seeing how I can get an e10k for like $60-$70 that would probably be a better cost effective approach but if theres a better option im all ears on this.

^ this, and its quite noticeable that it sounds like hot garbage right now lol

pretty much just need a cheap option that will run this or other around 50 ohm ish headphones to full… the main issue here is needing it to be compatible with the ps4…

kind of annoyed myself that this is even a problem…

i swear i remember someone like major nelson saying xbox was bringing usb audio support and then i never heard anything about it and someone told me that the gamedacs they sell with some gaming headphones for ps4 were usb so i dont know what to believe anymore with consoles