Shuoer Tape (P1 Killer?)

Something that I feel is worth noting about the Tapes is that they seem to have a little more sound-leakage than most IEMs in my experience. They isolate decently, but they let others hear your music little more than most IMO. Everyone that is waiting on yours, though, you’re in for a treat!

1 Like

Is it the vent that leak out the sound?

Was patiently saving for FH7 or S8F… Just spent it all on ikko OH10, Blon-03, Shuoer Tape… Already own Tin P1 and Tin T2. Appreciate the time taken. Damn, this hobby… Hoping these IEMS quench my thirst for the search of perfect IEMs and make me stop. Still want to taste the all BA IEM though :neutral_face:

1 Like

I think so, seems that the vent is part of the tuning and not just for show.

I think that the OH10, BL-03 and Tape will cover all of your bases very well. I was also curious about all-BA units, but after owning several of them (Andromeda, Nova, Massdrop Plus) I have concluded that I just prefer dynamic and planar bass as a whole.

1 Like

Just wanted to see the decorated “detail” aspect of Multi BA setup. After listening to P1 it was a bit overwhelming at first to experience all that detail at once, now the Tape seems to have a weird combo of soundstage and detail can you pls compare it to one of your Multi BA setup if its not too much. Totally cool if you are busy with stuffs. Cheers. :v:

Edit: Also how gud does Tape responds to EQ ?

I’ll try to get some time in tonight if I can, but I’ve gotta leave early in the morning and will be out of town for a couple of weeks, so I might need to take the units on the road with me to give a proper comparison. As far as the detail compared to the P1, although I don’t have the P1 on hand to do a direct comparison, I think that the Tape comes off less intense because the low-end is better filled in with the dynamic driver and tuning. It’s still exciting and engrossing, but I wouldn’t call it overbearing, and certainly haven’t had to cut listening sessions short because of the mids or treble. As far as EQ goes, I really don’t EQ much with IEMs, and I only EQ for room-correction with speakers, so I think you’d probably get better impressions of how they handle EQ from some of the others who will be getting theirs.

1 Like

Thanks for the time pal, much appreciated.

I was trying to figure out what shower tape was and why someone would be posting about it on HFG…then my dyslexia settled down an I started reading and realized the mistake. LoL!

4 Likes

Well, I gave it a bit and tried it up against both the Andromeda and Massdrop Plus, but I think tuning differences skew too much between those two and the Tape to give a fair assessment of differences the drivers might provide. Honestly, the Andromeda seemed to throw up the same perceived level of details in the given tracks that the Tape did, but the lower-midrange sounds hollow compared to the Tape and the low-end was lacking as well (which I chalk up to personal preference as much as the tuning). The Massdrop Plus has different issues, where the low-end is present, but they are rolled-off earlier in the highs, so level of details just isn’t up to snuff with the Tape or Andromeda.
As I said earlier, I have a preference to units that aren’t 100% BA, so take what I say with a couple grains of salt. However, I don’t hear anything drastically different between the BA vs the Electret/Dynamic that I wouldn’t just chalk up to tuning. I personally think that all-BA setups work best for people who prefer a more clinical sound, but definitely try to get to a meetup or show to try some before you rush to any judgements. I think we’re fast approaching a point (if we are not already there) where tuning is the dominant factor in how IEMs sound, as opposed to specific driver types, materials or counts.

2 Likes

So better to get a BA setup that plays to BA’s strength say EX4SR. Thank you so much for the info :v:

So 8 BA the God Tier?..

I would say it just depends on the design, the number of drivers really doesn’t matter that much as long as they are designed properly

A combination of both i’d have though 12 BA’s + :poop: design = rubbish where as 8 BA’s + :innocent: design = :grinning:

Can the Shuoer Tape be driving from my iphone or macbook pro without needing an amp on the go?
And if so, how much would they benefit from an amp?

I don’t think that they’re amp-dependent, so you should be fine without one.

my combo

6 Likes

Anyone have the Audiosense T800 and can compare them? the T800 is too sibilant for me but damn I like the details in those.

My top 3 Iems are Moondrop KXXS, Blon 03 and then T800

Anyone who’s gotten these listen to Metal? I’m hearing ‘fast and detailed’ and thinking these might be great for thrash/power/speed. How are the mids?

Got mine today… Not even talking about P1 here (as these sounded like TIN CANS compared to the Cupids, which found their way to me earlier than the P1 did)… these are potential Cupid killers. They are different enough for both to have their place but tbh if this was an established brand, they could have an asking price 3-4x as much easily… that’s my preliminary impression… let’s see if it holds up after a few days (I think they will)