Shuoer Tape (P1 Killer?)

~42:31

Nothing we don’t already know other than how to pronounce it and how it got the name “tape”.

Cool, since there’s no real consensus on which are better with detail & seems generally everyone agrees the P1’s aren’t actually that fatiguing.

P1’s it is then.

2 Likes

Hope you enjoy them. I know Ohmboy and I do.

1 Like

I’m sure you’ll love them :+1: they are my iem purchase of the year so far and that’s a big call seeing as l also bought the 03’s lol.

Lol. I like how most people in a thread named (P1 Killer) are recommending them over the shuoers.

3 Likes

What do you feel about the tapes that holds them back for you?

It’s less that something is wrong with the Tape and more that the P1 has something special that I can’t put my finger on.

^^ This…I’m listening to the Beetles Red album as I’m typing this, it’s a mono remastered version but it’s totally captivating on the P1’s, detail perfect (in this price point) the oblique soundstage is bang on too…some Tin unicorn tear magic right there :+1:

So… I’m new to the world of headphones/IEMs, etc. Last year, I didn’t even knew what “planar” was. Or estats. Is this the first estat IEM? Were P1s the first planar IEMs? Are KZ the first to do cheap balanced armature IEMs? (I think Zeos said something like that). Have I joined this “world” of audio stuff in a kind of hi-fi (uh, chi-fi?) revolution and it’s the reason why I’m, let’s say, priviledged to have balanced + dd ZS10 Pros in my ears right now?

Or is all this only new for me?

Oh, also wondering what Shuoer means.

But if it’s like BLONs, it’s probably bastardized english like Static Hear Universe Original Enjoy Real. :no_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue:

You forgot typos for added authenticity.

1 Like

A missed oppotty-nity :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

In my humble opinion we can’t not have oppoty.

1 Like

its a chinese brand, my guess would be reading it as in chinese pronunciation.
Shu oer —> something like orgasmed ear

Not kidding, and Im pretty sure i nail this one right.

1 Like

My Chinese wife looked at me like WTF are you saying…I think she was like no idea what it might mean. She speaks Cantonese and mandarin too but it could be some other dialect.

1 Like

Well, there’s Schiit audio in the US so… maybe. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I think the Tapes are fantastic (although I havent tried the P1’s). I found them fatiguing at first however that was only because the spinfits I had on them were constricting the nozzle and making the treble harsher. Once I switched to Spiral dots with the proper nozzle opening they calmed down and aren’t fatiguing. The detail and bass on these are pretty phenomenal for the price but the mids are pretty meh.

2 Likes

舒 耳
show this to her, she will know where my interpretation coming from lol.

Ear is the 2nd word…First word is like Enjoyable, Comfy, Comfortable or Nice … not quite Orgasmed :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The best P1 compliment i’ve read is on audiophileon, it’s an FH7 review comparison…“In my eyes, the P1 is the absolute best bang for buck earphone on the market. The sound and detail retrieval are outstanding and rival the top end of the earphone market.
I wouldn’t buy the FH7 over the P1 as I think the price and sound are more appealing on the latter

2 Likes