🔶 Shuoer Tape Pro

Tin P1 - best mids I’ve ever heard, and the fastest IEM I’ve ever heard
Tape (original) - better everything else. From what I’ve read, all that’s changed is that it’s not shouty in the upper mids/lower treble at loud volumes anymore

Got notice of the Tape Pro being shipped now. Looking forward to listening to them! Hopefully customs won’t hog them for too long (or at all :crossed_fingers:).

1 Like

Got a tracking number but I’m a bit concerned who Linsoul are using to ship it… reviews for UBI are dire :disappointed:

It’s a shame you can’t pay a bit extra to arrange shipping with a company you trust.

1 Like

Also just got my shipping notice(Linsoul.com). Delivery est Nov 23 via DHL! :grin:

From Linsoul?

My delivery notification came as well, I ordered from Linsoul but through Amazon. Delivered by UBI.

If I’m not mistaken, they always offer DHL shipping, but then it’s not free shipping

1 Like

Did you contact them to ask if you could? I’ve had companies ship 1-day, when not listed on their website shipping options, after simply calling and asking for it.

Anyone who got theirs yet?

She’s 550 miles away right now. Real close…! :smiley:

1 Like

Got mine just this afternoon. I bought mine from DD Audio via Lazada. I’m on Tin Hifi P1 before I got this and love those P1s.

I’m still burning in these Tape Pros but I’m impressed so far, especially on the bass. I have used the P1 a lot that I forgot what bass sounds like :smiley:

1 Like

Is it true that these come with a 2.5mm balanced cable by default?

Yes it comes with a 2.5mm balanced cable and it has a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptor.

1 Like
3 Likes

Uh… Does that mean the 3.5mm is balanced also? I do not see balanced anywhere in the item description, and don’t have a balanced amp… wtf

no, its an adapter from 2.5mm balanced to 3.5mm SE. You are fine.

No if use the 3.5mm adapter it becomes unbalanced. You can go from balanced to a unbalanced connection. But not the other way around

2 Likes

Can someone explain how the extra tuning works? Is it those little plug things that come in different colors? I want to make the left unit have the blue dot and the right unit have the red dot. Is that possible while keeping the sound of the left and right identical?

Oh look, it IS balanced! Why were they able to inform us of this for the Tape, but not the Tape Pro…? #wtf

(Still working on first impressions, hold on)

Geez, the tips are really hard to get on. :5 Big nozzle collar.

The fit is weird. Very shallow. Not uncomfortable, with the very smooth, metallic, polished surface.

Cable is nice.

(Factory plug setting)
Bass has good strength and depth(not super strong/boomy, probably about equal to FH3). Treble is fairly airy, very smooth. No general harsh edge like the FH3 has. This has a generally more pleasant(=less harsh), darker sound than FH3. Vocals are really nice, super clear. They do get kinda bright/harsh with aggressive rock passages, etc. Cymbals sound fairly flat and lifeless, and metal percussion in general sounds empty. Excellent detail retrieval, probably the best I’ve heard in an IEM so far. Vocals seem more back than FH3. TP seems more spacious than FH3, but probably not as big as L3. Tape Pro has a nasal tone, I think… The more I hear percussion and piano, the less I like these lol. FH3 seems to have better(great) tone, definition/texture, overall realism & enjoyment(slightly addictive, IMO). FH3 100% recommended over TP, even with its stupid cable, smaller soundstage and harsher treble. Guitars, vocals and mids in general are the Tape Pro’s strengths, I’d say, but guitars still probably sound better on FH3; TP may win with those silky-smooth, clear vocals. Definitely a detail-prominent, mostly smooth IEM, if you value that over tone/overall realism/accuracy. I would take the L3 over TP for gaming still, since it has a better spherical soundstage and closer-to-natural tone.

(FH3 wins, IMO)

5 Likes