🔶 Shuoer Tape Pro

Do you have the original tape? comparisons with that would be greatly appreciated.

L3, H40, FH3, VK4, YBF, No.3. Never heard the Tape before.

They do say that they include an adapter.

Report back what you think about the timbre, if it is the natural type or if it sounds unique/unnatural like the original tape when you can. Have fun.

So if you assumed the 3.5mm adapter was also balanced, you’re still just as wrong :slight_smile: That’s half of the info missing lol

Well, you are right in a way. There is a standard that uses 3.5mm in balanced, but that is extremely rare.

That factor is going to be one con of the tape pro. I rather pick if i want a SE or balanced cable (and preferably if you can pick between 2.5 or 4.4.mm for the balanced cable).

2 Likes

On the body of the IEM is ‘202011’ which could indicate they are planning on releasing multiple versions of these if they find any issues. At least this will be able to date them if they do.

1 Like

I hope not…that would mean early buyers are beta testers.

2 Likes

I’m looking at BGGAR pictures and noticed that he removed the wax guard off of his tape pro. Would that make any difference at all in terms of the way it sounds? I’m assuming he did his listening with them like that so I’m curious as to whether it’s worth removing or not.

1 Like

It will probably change the sound since swappable filters is a thing done IEams have as a custome tuning option (like the fiio fh7).

Ah ok. I was just wondering and thanks for the info

Well that looks different to the images on the Linsoul web site.
They show a set of blue screws

Mine contains:

• 1 black + 1 red plug on each IEM
  • 1 spare black plug
  • 1 spare red plug
  • 2 spare filters
1 Like

Reading your review made me hesitant to buy the Tape Pro. I’ll see what the others have to say about the TP. Thanks for the nice review.

1 Like

Sure, NP. Did you like the Tape? Was there an IEM you wanted the TP to be an upgrade over? I’d say these need foamies for sure(to stay in better, same for FH3), otherwise a new shell design. Pretty nice flavor of sound for the money, with metallic instrument tonality quirks.

1 Like

It does sound like the Pro is similar to the original tape, in which case I can understand why some wont like it. Because it doesnt have a natural timbre and it goes for a rather unique sound instead. Which is what I want it to be, since if I wanted a natural sound I rather go for a single DD instead.

I actually never heard the original Tape. I was hoping it to be a tin P1 with a bass, but it doesn’t look that way. I really liked tin P1’s natural sound, so I think Tape Pro’s quirk would throw me off. I’ll probably skip on this one or if more people say good things about them, I’ll take a leap of faith and try them out.

The tape pro is probably not for you then.

Ok. I have not heard P1/P2, so can’t say.

Do you still think single DD beats something like the FH3(hybrid), with 1DD+2BA? Or as long as a DD is involved?

Tuning is more important than driver. I have heard single DD beating hybrids and also the opposite.

Just that If I want a natural sound, single DD´s are the first ones I would be looking at (like the Tanchjim Oxygen). Since they are generally better in terms of a natural timbre than a hybrid.

Generally at lower tiers, single DD´s will have more natural timbre while hybrids will have better technicalities. And the higher you go up the closer the different driver setup sounds to each other. That is that a single DD will have very good technicalities and hybrids will have a very good timbre.

Examples of those cases are the LZ A7 (tri-brid but one of my most natural iem and beating a lot of single DD´s) and the Tanchjim Oxygen (single DD but beating a lot of my other hybrids in technicalities).

5 Likes