Simgot supermix 4

Im honestly lost as well.

1 Like

You nailed it. I have one or more IEMs that are my favorite baseline. For me that is the Ziigaat Doscinco ( recently taking the top spot from the Tea2 ). At this point, I really only buy to test a theory, or to try something different.

There are more seemingly interesting releases, and most of us have too much gear we donā€™t listen to already. I use the term ā€œseemingly interestingā€ because so much of it the new stuff is just tuned like something you already own, or have heard before. It becomes a FOMO thing, and knowing that helps you deal with it. I think Jays Audio on YT has saved me several times, he tends to review comparing to other similar sets, and his Kefine Delci vs Z300 is a recent one I recall.

Here are my recent purchases -

I bought the Aful Explorer and was pleasantly surprised, but I know it will be too dark for most people. @gofullcircle if you hate the extra treble, on Supermix 4, Aful Explorer might be interesting to you, but the stage is a bit congested without that extra treble. Overall the tonality is very natural. These are what I am listening to as I type this, and will likely stay in top 5 well after the honeymoon period.

I bought the TRN Conch mostly to see if was as good as people said. It is always nice to have something affordable you can recommend, or just give someone, and if you want a Harmon budget set, this is fantastic deal. The stock tips are good enough that I am using them, they have a nice cable, all three terminations, and a case, for $35 ( currently under $27 on Linsoul ). I prefer this one over the Simgot EW200, but that is mostly about the fit. I have smaller ears, and struggled getting the EW200 to seal well without some serious tip rolling.

1 Like

Speaking about a budget focused IEM that is also quite close to the Harman target, the EPZ Q1 Pro also comes to mind and that sparks my curiosity as well even though I knew itā€™s a Harman IEM, and I already have an IEM set that has a similar tuning though the technicalities are much better than the EPZs.

But yeah the SuperMix 4 has been getting a lot of praises and I think it is deserving, for Simgot has been consistent with their IEMs, especially when it comes to their drivers being good. And what entices me about the SuperMix 4 would be the overall looks and apparently a more comfortable fit due to its form factor, and what problem that I have heard from my Simgot EM6Ls has been fixed, therefore itā€™s tough to have control sometimes when there are IEMs that you think that are gonna be better than you currently own now, even though itā€™s not so much improvement at cases.

2 Likes

Oh boy, I donā€™t even know where to startā€¦ā€¦:joy:

2 Likes

started testing for supermix 4. not very pleased with it. in short I find truthear nova to be better. bass lacks texture and thump. mid - range sounds a little fuzzy and lacks details a bit. the treble is the only reedmind thing about it. i like the extra boost in the air region which helps in increasing the micro detail level compared to nova.

4 Likes

SyncerTech released his review for the Supermix 4 today. He also had issues with the overall sound texture. I am glad that I did not jump on the bandwagon for this IEM in addition to the tuning being a strong Harman 2019 tuning which does not float my boat.

1 Like

I see well that is a bit of let down, since I am hoping for a set that is like an upgrade from the EM6L which is still a solid set from Simgot. Oh well, I guess I should just get the Performer 5s instead if I want an upgrade from the EM6Ls.

Yes youvcan try other sets. I like nova. Better than supermix. My video on supermix will be live soon. You can watch it.

Hereā€™s what Iā€™ve found as far as an upgrade path.

Under $50: epz q1 pro OR simgot ew200 with eq

$50-$100: simgot ea500lm. Artti t10 with divinus tips and eq were my go to and for about $65 with tips

$100-$200: cca hydro 1110 config with wide bore silicone tips (my preference) OR simgot sm4 (likely most peopleā€™s choice)

This is where Iā€™m stuck now as Iā€™m hitting diminishing returns badly +$200. Tried doscinco, cincotres, juzear 61t but I keep coming back to the hydro mainly but also sm4 is growing on me a little but I still would go hydro if I could only keep one

3 Likes

My video of the supermix 4 is live. Go check it out. Consider subscribing if you like the channel. :fire:

5 Likes

Nice job with the video. Iā€™d be curious what you think of the cca hydro if you get the chance to. I havenā€™t heard the nova myself and been more focused on juzear 61t the last couple of weeks

Thanks for the appreciation. Havenā€™t tried hydro. I have 61t i will try to finish my written review in 2-3 days.

THIS ONE IS JUST TOO HARMANISH FOR ME:

I CANā€™T GET PAST THE UPPER MIDS , THE SCOOPED OUT LOWER MIDS AND THE VOCAL CENTRIC TUNING, STAGE IS NARROW , TAMBRE IS OFF ON VOCALS AND INSTRUMENTAL. WOULD PROBABLY TAKE A EQ BUT FOR $150 YOU GET A QUADBRID!

1 Like

Canā€™t get past the hate for SM4, nothing described here is my setā€¦ except yes, it does take EQ beautifully, as Dom said it would.
It is a brutally honest neutral-ish set that will replay a recording intactā€¦be careful what you wish for.
Butasturs little brother, in the Up Down, so if you hate/love that setā€¦

2 Likes

I averaged a bunch of squiglink graphs for the Supermix 4, and I see exactly the same issues in terms of the tuning which you are complaining about. Personally, I think that the EM6L will take better to adding tuning mesh filters in comparison the the Supermix 4 since the Supermix 4ā€™s lower midrange would still need some EQ correction to make male vocals sound better and to improve the overall timbre of instruments. The Supermix 4 has noticeably more mid bass scoop in comparison to the EM6L.

I donā€™t know. Maybe the Harman 2019 v2 tuning target floats a lot of peopleā€™s boats, yet this tuning target is totally not for me for any genre.

2 Likes

No, Just noā€¦

Please show (maybe with an arrow) the ā€œnoticeably more mid bass scoopā€

I do see, however, quite emphasized upper mids on one of them

2 Likes

Could be a combination of the tuning and driver quality that lead to such a scooped lower midrange.

Using your ears not hard to tell something is very off tonality and tambre wise on this set.

About as colorful as you can get and far from neutral / natural for my ears as well.

HBBā€™s graph for the Supermix 4 is noticeably different than other reviewerā€™s graphs. Have a look at other reviewer graphs for the Supermix 4 and the EM6L:

a very good setā€¦I think itā€™s the best set at its price pointā€¦muy buenoā€¦Totemo yoiā€¦bardzo dobryā€¦sehr gutā€¦duzhe dobreā€¦trĆØs bienā€¦Molto beneā€¦valde bona

and Iā€™m not a KZ/CCA aficionadoā€¦but who is

I have to say that the Supermix 4 is my favourite Simgot set to date. Audio is subjective and I subjectively like the Supermix.

5 Likes