SIMGOT Un-Official EA500 CULT THREAD

Great write up!

1 Like

A great write up, indeed! I haven’t tried the Sedna Earfits with my pair personally but I may just give it shot after reading your post. Thanks!

1 Like

Same thing I found love the JVC FX9 Spiral Dots on the EA500

3 Likes

What is going on in this demo? EA500 sounds nothing like this demo shows in real life. I have Heyday and listening to both back and forth, in my opinion EA500 has better note weight and almost just as much detail as Heyday. Did he have a bad seal?

I would take his demos with a grain of salt. Sometimes useful, but often misleading. I appreciate his efforts, but we don’t know his methodology regarding all of this.

2 Likes

I like Dan’s option but theese demos do nothing to help people compare I watched his videos for his opinion only.

Another evening where I was listening to the EA500 (back nozzles, spiral dots, no tape) and felt no need to switch to anything.

9 Likes

Wow, has it dethroned the Penon Serial? Impressive!

He put up in a community post that the 500 sounds off in this particular demo, I remember way back he did one with the Timeless, and the same thing happened. It was before I bought it so I really had no idea how it actually would sound, but in the demo, it was muffled and sounded like crap frankly. He had to address it the same way - it could be the way it’s seated in the dummy’s ear possibly or the tips he’s using, but one thing is for sure, these demos are fun no doubt, but definitely, not even 75% accurate most of the time, I’d say. Grain of salt, gentleman.

Edit: Holy typos, Batman. That’s what 5am Dom is like?! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Nobody said it dethroned Serial. That’s not happening lol

3 Likes

It’s a great complementary set

3 Likes

EST50 arrived… it’ll wait until my daughters have nap/rest time though.

4 Likes

So took some today to break out the Salnotes Zero to do some A/B against the Simgot EQ’d to a similar freq response:

But anyway here are my rambling notes but the gist of it is the Zero still absolutely rocks and I do find now that the EA500 is where diminishing returns start for IEMs which is INSANE to think about! Used to just be a couple years ago you needed to spend several hundred dollars for an IEM with these capabilities :exploding_head:

Ok sorry anyway here are the ramblings:

Illenium - Needed You

Zero:

• no rumble
  • vocals sound a bit grainy

EA500:

• some rumble
  • clear vocals

Zero plays this 7/10
EA500 plays this 9/10

Rose Betts - Song to the Siren

EA500’s strings and vocals sound less grainy

Zero plays this 8/10 :+1:
EA500 plays this 10/10

Leonard Cohen - Nevermind

Honestly both play this pretty much the same to my ears. Maybe the backup singers have more clarity on the EA500? But that’s not too apparent nor matters.

Zero plays this 10/10 :ok_hand:
EA plays this 10/10

Lone Digger - Caravan Palace

The better clarity on the EA500 is very apparent here as each instrument is easy to pick out

Zero plays this 7/10
EA plays this 10/10

Polyphia - GOAT

Much better clarity and texture on the EA500

Zero plays this 7/10
EA plays this 9/10

Rodrigo y Gabriela - Santo Domingo

Actually plays surprisingly well on the Zero. Maybe missing some clarity?

Zero plays this 10/10 :ok_hand:
EA plays this 10/10

Ok time for some metal songs to really test the metal of these IEMs :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I Built the Sky - Up into the Ether

Again surprised how well the Zero played this one in comparison! Missing a bit of clarity and drums missing a bit of texture and cymbals lacks a BIT of that treble air but otherwise it’s really good!

Zero plays this 8/10
EA plays this 9/10

Ostura - Let There Be

Well here’s where the difference becomes apparent. Zero feels like 720p and going to EA feels like 1080p. This is the first song that really makes them feel like IEMs in separate classes

Zero plays this 6/10
EA plays this 9/10

I also did some testing of that last song against some other IEMs like the Heyday, U12t, Monarch and they are all also AT MOST a 9/10.
Actually the EA plays it with the most texture somehow :thinking:

18 Likes

A most excellent share thank you!

1 Like

:fire: just received and these are some smooth MOFOS!!! I was worried about sub bass performance but these are CLEAN man!! These are now my work IEMS. Thank you goober and deaf monk for the rec!!

4 Likes

Welcome to the team

2 Likes

Not quite as good as the canon for me on 020 setting - but these are incredible for £50. If I had these and the QKZ x HBB I would be a happy bunny and retire out the game. These are so smooth and clean it’s unreal.

6 Likes

This is what gets me so excited about EA500: Being able to compare a $70odd IEM to a $350 IEM favorably is what gets me out of bed (in the IEM hobby)

6 Likes

The canons aren’t $300 better in terms of sound quality, so diminishing returns and all that. I have an emotional connection with the Canons, same as I do with the QKZ and maybe in time with these. As someone once said, I use my gear to listen to the music not use the music to listen to my gear. All the technical terms I don’t particularly care for, but as long as I have a visceral response to the music, it’s a thumbs up for me regardless of the price.

4 Likes

Further evidence that you’ve got your head in the right place with this hobby. I love to see you enjoying your Canons.

6 Likes