SIMGOT Un-Official EA500 CULT THREAD

LOL wrong thread :melting_face: edited

5 Likes

I dont know about scratches seems really durable mine looks same as new after 1 month

IEM threads and releases today be likeā€¦

2 Likes

Upon further reviewā€¦I know I said I probably wouldnā€™t try switching the filters due to fumbly fingers. Guess I lied, cause I just did it. And man, Iā€™m glad I did. Actually prefer the black to the red. Not sure what the difference between the two is supposed to be. If anyone could explain like Iā€™m 5 Iā€™d appreciate it. Seems tighter and yet more able to pick instruments apart.

3 Likes

Black filter has a little more upper midrange energy (a little peak around 2k) and the early treble (a little peak around 5k) with a little dip in between to control sibilance (to my ear).

Also, I find it to have a little less sub-bass emphasis on the black filter, which tightens up the bass response for me.

I tried the black filter as well but it can be a bit harsh on the treble at times for me or maybe I am just listening to volumes where I shouldnā€™t, bad habit when I was a kid therefore itā€™s more important to protect your ears today.

But yeah the black ones seems to pick up the instruments very well and I might give it an another use just to discover more wicked stuff, but with the red one, the EA500s are already wicked.

I tried using horror ambiance, and yeah I got freaked out on some minutes while I was using the EA500.

3 Likes

Yet to see if my red and black are reversed because I find it has better bass and a smoother sound, and usually 2k peak/early rise is a no go for meā€¦

Itā€™s interesting cause when I look at the graphs they donā€™t look too different :thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

They arenā€™t night and day different, itā€™s just hearing a little more energy or a little smoother sound. Just a touch

1 Like

I think I have to give the black filter another chance. To my actual ears, there was a bigger difference than the graph would indicate, thatā€™s for sure.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve swapped over to the black filter - same level of enjoyment

Yeah thatā€™s interesting. Iā€™m going to try the black filters now too!

Maybe itā€™s like tips where different tips can sound very different but graph pretty much the same :thinking:

1 Like

They should look different than that looks like two sets of red filters

Goddamn soddin damnitt I promised myself no more cheap IEMs and here I am awaiting a Simgot EA500. When will I ever learn? Answer, probably never!!!

8 Likes

So is it too eary to say the Encounter is a slightly darker sounding EA500 upon first listen. Huskier male vocalsā€¦

1 Like

I do hear a difference. Bass seems louder because pina gain is lower 1-2 db with foam insert into red nozzle.
Sounds a little smoother overall. Just slightly less energy in the highs too.

3 Likes

Have you tried the red nozzles with Low density foam? How does it compare to high density foam?

Just checking, its the ā€œwhite fine meshā€ in 3,7 ?
Which the seller claims ā€œwhite fine mesh for balanced vocal soundā€.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004485357287.html?
Ali part no 1005004485357287

I have not tried low density foam, I donā€™t have any. The Black nozzles seems to have low density foam in them. May be tried swapping them into red nozzle and see if there any effect.

2 Likes

Thank you for answering, will just buy both low and high density foams and see how it affects the sound.