SIMGOT Un-Official EA500 CULT THREAD

Nah, consume the awesome stuff.
Regret the garbage.
EA500 kills most stuff in its $ range and beyond :boom: :notes:

8 Likes

Spent several hours listening, measuring, trying several combinations of Y filters and high density foam .

graphs almost identically, but sound very different.

EA500 sounds warmer. Bass has more texture, more weight and better slam. EA500 has thicker note weight through out all frequencies, making it sound more natural. EA500 driver is so good! Y2 filter on the vent near the nozzle makes it too bass heavy for me, I prefer Y1 filter.

Olina OG with Tanya filter sounds thinner and dry in comparison, even though graphs very similar. That’s why Olina needs the extra bass amount to compensate for it being thin? But same bass amount starting to be in the way for EA500 overall balance

5 Likes

Y1 filters on the vent near the nozzle is a way to go IMHO.

2 Likes

My favorite smooth tuning: Red Nozzle +Y1 filter on the front vent + 3 mm thick High density foam into red nozzle Sounds smooth! Sharpness of the treble is gone, still maintains good extension, but the airless and nuances in the treble are less.

For Bass heads use Y2 on the front vent near nozzle.

5 Likes

Awesome stuff wow! :+1: Some great hardware mod potential

1 Like

Ok it has been like a couple of days ever since I got my EA500s. I have been switching from the red nozzles to the black nozzles like frequently, but I have to say both nozzles are just great in tuning, though I would advice people who are treble sensitive is to remain with the red nozzles for those are more on the smoother side, while the black nozzles are more inclined to people who would prefer an analytical taste, and oddly enough I prefer the black ones more.

I haven’t modded mine yet, but I am curious how these will change if I do the mentioned mods here, and yeah, despite it being a bit on the treble side, it doesn’t hurt me at all, in fact I like it, a good change of pace from the usual tunings I listen to.

7 Likes

That was my first thought when I tried them for the first time, “Smooth mofos”

Excellent :+1:t5:

I am discovering I am more treble sensitive than I previously thought. That’s why all the mods :). Graphs showing only 1 db difference in the highs, but don’t really show how a mod truly changes nuances in the sound.

1 Like

@ZeusPro awesome findings, brother. I plan on modding my pair as well, just as soon as I get some time at the desk. I plan on leaving the red nozzle stock, while messing around with the black one. I have to go back and listen to the black nozzle though, haven’t given it a proper chance since day 1. Anyways, thanks for the findings and sharing it with us, dude :handshake:

2 Likes

Well I ordered up myself a pair of these today. Had been wanting something in around the 100 dollar range. For 62$ and all the praise these have gotten, I figured why not. Also their tuning seem like they would compliment my other sets

2 Likes

Simgot EA500 *HIGHLY RECOMMENDED* but not a full review yet - YouTube Michael Bruce has high praise for EA500. Notice, he also has some sort of filter on the front vent.

3 Likes

Irrelevant comparison but it would be interesting if nymz compares the E500 with his DUNU Vernus

2 Likes

Are you guys putting the Y1 filter on the nozzle? Or the vent?

Lots of talk about Y1,Y2 ect remember not everyone knows what you’re talking about.

Just a suggestion to be more specific or use a product link for reference so others can follow along and replicate the tuning if they so desire.

4 Likes

Y1 filter placed over the vent that is next to the nozzle.

2 Likes

Tbh I don’t have a clue what are those Y1, Y2 and Y3 vents are, but I sure do know they are filters. Probably would be safe as well to add the so called low-density and high-density foams as well.

Yeah i mentioned that before if your going to reference a filter or mod why not help everyone out by clarification of what a Y1, Y2 
 even better post a link.

Now that people are getting their hands on the ea500, what is everyones thoughts vs the olina se? I’ve found a few short comparison but nothing detailed surprisingly.

I understand they are more of a side grade but are they worth getting if I’m happy with the SE?

1 Like

If you want more impactful mid-bass and heavier note-weight, yes. Other wise probably not.

3 Likes

Yeah, if you’re happy with Olina then feel free to not jump on the hype train. But if you really want a different flavor, this is your boy

3 Likes