SIMGOT Un-Official EA500 CULT THREAD

Stop it! This IEM is too nice for you to be getting me to think about popping off the filter and dropping some foam in to see how much smoother the upper-mids can get

4 Likes

Can probably put another damper on the EA500 nozzle as well.

Would at least make the upper mids a bit closer to my target.

3 Likes

I am not buying another EA500 to mod. I am not buying another EA500 to mod. I AM NOT BUYING ANOTHER EA500 TO MOD!!!

5 Likes

100% reversible and zero risks though, just slap a filter on the nozzle :smirk:. (foam probably wont fit since I believe they already got some.)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004052530517.html

1 Like

Always wanted an OG dark magician tuned single DD so Iā€™m so in! :+1::person_raising_hand:t2:

1 Like

Iā€™d want a second one to A/B as much as anything. It was really helpful when I was messing around with Rosefinch

Yeah, it does help a lot, if you dont have an iec711. :wink:

Also try Transpore tape My Micropore should be here soon but bad it snowed in Vancouver so maybe not.

Interested in hearing the difference I think Micropore is more restrictive. Will post updates.

Actually I went with transpore like you suggested in your video but couldnā€™t remember the name off the cuff - thatā€™s what I have arriving :+1:

2 Likes

I give you full credit Goobs for bringing this to attention for me. I was waiting for other reviews so glad I got a set.

2 Likes

They donā€™t seem to want to send me a EA2000 kinda crazy full circle when I told them SIMGOT was off the radar and they finally sent me the EA500. I might have to buy a set of the EA2000 but at $300 if it stinks back to Zero.

You would think if itā€™s any good they would want to keep the momentum going?

I hope Chris you fair better but my budget is very limited.

2 Likes

Your target sub bass is heavenly MM level
You set high standards my friend LOL!

1 Like

Fuck yeahā€¦

1 Like

Ohhh nice dice analogy. Very fitting the EA2000 itā€™s pricey. We will see.

1 Like

so I will be getting to try these in the next month and I already know based on the graph I need more bass, do yaā€™ll recommend transpore or micropore tape to cover the vent? I donā€™t have either so I will be purchasing some in preparation

2 Likes

Not sure the Micropore vs Transpore difference yet. BUT definitely made a difference not sure if itā€™s the same 6db boost That was graphed by Paul Wasabii but I definitely like the results.

I also like the look of Transpore tape itā€™s clear and less sticky.

5 Likes

I love the damn case itā€™s actually useable!

1 Like

Here is me buying random VE SIE IEM without any prior information on that piece of gear that probably uses shitty driver and has a tuning of OG KZ V shape IEMs but with just a tad better cable, when I could have gotten this (which looks like almost perfect tuning for me (maybe tad more sub bass would be nice)) or even Galileo or Olina SE. Or any other proper set with some information around.

Bad Decisions Diving GIF - Bad Decisions Diving Flat Diving GIFs

6 Likes

Life is a series of bad decisions hopefully followed by more educated ones. Us lower lifeforms rarely learn from our wins but if we can learn from our mistakes that evolution right there.

The Zen Monk!

4 Likes

You donā€™t know that yet!!!

Right?

1 Like