SIMGOT Un-Official EA500 CULT THREAD

Not yet, it was shipped on Friday, but just reading all the impression posts around when I was finally accepted to joint the ELITE VE clan group on FB (wtf!) I think it is exactly what I described - bloaty low end and harsh top end.
So everything that I dont like in IEMs.
And knowingh that no one graphed that (and people in the group answer “we dont do that here” on any request for such thing like FR) and the main designer is not willing to share the information on what driver was used does not give me much hope :smiley:

Hopefully I am wrong though

Edit: the answer was suposed to be to @rattlingblanketwoman

3 Likes

Oh no… if that’s what the fanboys have to say about it… I wonder what Mr. Better-quality-bass-than-Maesto was smoking. (Or what shape their canals are of course)

I mean fanboys say that it is “energetic” and has “heavy note and dense bass” and “it is perfect”. But also that it has more bass than IE300, so I decipher it as bloaty V with harshness inn top end. Though if I can get rid of the peaks in treble it may be usable somehow for fun set, lets see

2 Likes

poor guy. :joy:

I’ve only had to risk a couple of completely blind buys… the Yanyin Aladdin - loved it, and the Lotoo LE M1 which was actually also very good. I’ve not had the best luck with recced buys actually, a couple real misses for me there.

2 Likes

These arrived today and as advertised by @ToneDeafMonk they’re a bit lacking in bass for my tastes. Two squares of micropore tape later… :+1:

Only issue I’m having with them is making up my mind which tips I like on them. I ended up settling on going up a size in KBear07s from what I normally wear in those.

4 Likes

I have a set of my new favorite tips the outrageously expensive JVC FX9 Spiral Dots, love what they do to vocals and HUGE stage. That and the Hakugei Joyful Voice mixed cable are the magic sauce for me. TDM

3 Likes

Transpore arrived. Listening to Young Man Blues by the Who, cymbals aren’t overly prominent, the bass guitar is resonating well beyond my head to the left and the electric guitar is detailed and full bodied on my right.

Noticed a little recession in male vocals (an old Greenday song) but at this point, could just be mixed that way.

In the bathing warm tones of Zdarlight 1992 by Cari Cari the low end is controlled but immersive.

Really great punch to percussion.

Really great set… at this point I am having to do some volume changing between songs, dynamics seem to vary between energetically full and “I’d like to bring the mids forward and bass up a bit”

5 Likes

I love how you see dude rethink it and just cringe and slightly turn right before he hits…sissy! Maybe it’s a metaphor for there still being time to take the hit, but cancel or quickly resell and grab yourself a different set. :man_shrugging:

I finally have the EA500 in my ears.

First of all, the packaging is top notch. Truly impressed by the overall unboxing experience, which is important to me. If I’m spending hard earned money, I want the entire journey to be worth it, ya know? Just my 2 cents.

Anyways - off to a good start. Accessories are reasonable for the price tag - the tips unfortunately don’t work for me, as I can’t get a seal with them. Seeing as these are very reminiscent of the OG Dark Magician in terms of design, I knew that there was a solid chance that the Azla Crystals would work - I am happy to report that they work flawlessly. The cable is acceptable - it matches the aesthetic of the set well, it’s thin and light and doesn’t seem to tangle too much. Working chin slider, so that’s a plus :+1: I switched to a balanced cable right away regardless, but if you’re just planning on rocking the stock cable, you’re in good shape imo.

Summary

Unfortunately, I had ordered a NiceHCK BlackCat from AE, I waited for it nearly a month and it’s DOA. Sounds like the polarity is reversed or something to that effect. Everything sounds very distant and there is next to no bass response. At first I thought I had damaged the IEM it self since the pins were very tight and I impatiently shoved em in as I usually do. But nah, it’s the cable. Unfortunate. So I’m rocking the Stock Monarch MKII cable for the time being using the 4.4 Termination.

With that out of the way - wow. Uhm. Hmm. What do I say with this set? I got them for $65 from Amazon with actually the intention of most likely trying em out, seeing what all the fuss was about, and sending em back. But nah. No shot these are going back.

I can’t believe these are $65?! (Correction, I should have mentioned I got them for $65* but they are normally $80 USD). I love this new trend of IEMs becoming more and more competitive. These are phenomenal for the price - NAY - these are phenomenal, period. With the red nozzle which is the one I prefer, I find that the bass level is more than acceptable for my taste, I’m finding my self enjoying less bass now a days just as long as the upper mids aren’t too harsh. The mid range has glorious texture and detail, with the upper mids being just right at that threshold - more than enough energy, without being harsh, so female vocals come across alive and front and center with everything complimenting the song beautifully. I find no harshness in the treble area at all, it actually sounds a little laid back to me with cymbals and things like claps and what not but it’s just, the right amount. I really really enjoy the tuning on these. Techs are actually amazing … I mean, micro details are lovely. Like I mentioned, the texture of everything from someone hitting the bell of a ride cymbal, or the bassist sliding their fingers on the strings or the vocalist gulping right before they say their first word in the song, it’s all there - for $65. The stage I would say is not as “holographic” and expansive as a set like the OG DM, but it’s by no means cramped. It’s simply a different take I’d say, just a little more intimate.

I love them. They’re not going back and I’m glad I took the chance.

@GooberBM, kudos, sir. :handshake:

6 Likes

It’s all love brother. Welcome to the team

1 Like

Team…squad…crew…open to suggestions lol

1 Like

Where are they 65?
As I type a read your full comment :melting_face:…Amazon :notes:

1 Like

On simgot’s store they were $79, but they had a short sale for 20% off. Then they did a $9 off coupon, and they’re sold out. Now Linsoul’s Amazon shop has them for $69 :smirk:

2 Likes

I should have checked before I said that - I just went over on Amazon and there’s a listing for $70 now. When I ordered my pair, it was Amazon Prime with a discount code that brought em down to $65. Doesn’t seem to be there anymore unfortunately :smiling_face_with_tear:

Added a correction to my original post.

3 Likes

The struggle is real :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Competitive pricing or GTFO the way! :notes:

Hahaha I asked about graphs and drivers also and got the same reply.

That may fly with buds but IEMs in 2023… come on…

1 Like

The OP is actually a decent guy (we had discussions in the past about buds) but his preference is smooth easy listening vocal jazz so even harder with what @pylaczynski dug up from the FB group, to align to the SIE and his comments… I usually don’t respond to this type of shilling but declaring this > at everything including bass than Maestro Mini was particularly egregious. (On the plus side at least I didn’t need to read a fantasy novel of unrelated cultural lore masquerading as a review containing the obligatory car or wine comparisons)

I don’t understand how you can develop fanboy IEM manufacturer beer googles that trump personal preference & integrity. This is audio not crypto (though the lazy and overused collabs draw even closer parallels)! These boys have missed a trick if it’s only about money and not personal relationships and audio enjoyment.

4 Likes

I am hereby joining the cult with EA500’s father’s review. And I have to add that if this is the father, then his son is deserving of all the hype and fan activity: Mobileaudiophile.com (MA) Corner - #130 by Mobileaudiophile

2 Likes

Interesting design :thinking: