SIMGOT Un-Official EA500 CULT THREAD

The combo I think I’ve decided on for now:

Pic isn’t as good as jays, but you get the idea. Yinyoo 8 core, SPC cable - 3.5 mm. I think I actually prefer these single ended opposed to my usual “balanced on everything.” Low impedance + high sensitivity must be at play here but on balanced, the upper mids do get hot from time to time. On SE, everything has a little bit more of a balance to it. Little more note weight as well. Separation is not as good, and stage is a bit more intimate to my ears but I think I just prefer less energy above 2k in general. Tips are BGVP W01 - very comfortable and open sound.

Overall, very happy with the EA500 :handshake:

13 Likes

All this hype got me, so I ordered a pair. I knew I was never going to spend DM money, so this was tough to resist, as the budget version.

I also have a Galileo coming or so I am told. I ordered it on 2-10 and still haven’t seen it.

Edit - I just the tracking that my Galileo cleared customs today, oof

6 Likes

Enjoy, man! Got them in my ears as we speak and they’re a wonderful pair of IEMs :handshake: I think you’ll enjoy them if you enjoy a balanced sound with an emphasis on vocals and the instrumentation :+1:

2 Likes

2020-2021, it’s a set that would’ve cost $300 (looking at you Aune Jasper) and nobody would’ve batted an eyelash.

You can buy 4 EA500s for that price. It’s nuts how fast the hobby moves!

6 Likes

Extream version #2 Vent Mod with alcohol Swab & Transpore tape. There is no doubt this is it but dare I say too much. None of the vocals or Mid Bass effected so far in my test Tracks except tickles my ear hairs!

This mod is based off my experience using Dynaudio’s Variovent and my car audio compitition box design and builds. I put link below for the Dynaudio pdf.

Definitely more time consuming and here is the video.

Step 1:
Take a two layer alcohol swab and let it dry out.

Step 2:
Cut into a 2mm wide strip and tear in half the length to make 2 strips.

Step 3:
Roll strip after washing your hands you filthy animal, into a tight roll and taper the end.

Step 4:
Place rolled swab into vent hole and push down gently leaving a slight mushroom top.

Step 5:
Place 4mm x 4mm 3M Transpore tape over filled hole.

When and I you decide to remove the mod the filled hole material will also come out when you pull off Transpore tape.

ENJOY TDM🙏

Dynaudio Variovent link:

7 Likes

How much bass is enough bass?

NEVER!!!

3 Likes

Destroyed my mind this am I should have taken a picture of the giant shit eating grin on my face!

5 Likes

How is this not the best IEM case ever .
EA500 + Fat Hakugei Peaceful Voice Cable + Truthear Shio DAC and Cable + iFi IEMatch?

7 Likes

Wanted to report back here. In my tip rolling, I’ve found that the Dunu S&S tips work really well with the EA500. Being a longer tip, they seem to be really secure. The mid bass is slightly increased and the upper mids are smoothened out a touch.

If you’re like me, it’s a fantastic combo.

Give ‘em a shot if you have these tips :handshake:

2 Likes

Paul did a great video on the E500
Here:SIMGOT EA500 - The New Queen? - YouTube

3 Likes

@ToneDeafMonk Thanks. My Olina OG looks better all the time, lol. (I did finally
add the extra filter, though.)

1 Like

Word is getting out about my babies and I love it. This is so cool!

4 Likes

They are good selling like mad I think. Strange company tho.

I watched Paul’s video I still haven’t picked up a set of Olina but thinking I should on March Alix sales

2 Likes

wait-what-wtf

3 Likes

Cut a tuning foam into equal 1/4ths lengthways.

Put one fourth in each vent and then put micropore tape over (my guess is they’ll pull out with the tape no problem).

First impression is Shoot Out All of Your Lights by Motörhead has great percussion! Lemmy’s vocals a little pushed back.

In Contact by Daft Punk the punctuating bass drum is very full, but some edge is lost from the organ type sound (not sure if organ sample or synth).

Both make me wonder if a small volume raise would be epic with the new tuning.

Royksopp’s Unity* confirms this, but I’m still missing some sub-bass reaches, or at least it feels that way. Plenty of mid-bass.

Massive Attack’s Angel plays well. Something still a little “ear level” rather than lower for the sub-bass, heard but not quite felt enough as rumble. Maybe… first impressions!

2 Likes

Reckon the shell designer lives in a house like this :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

People went crazy for SIMGOT. I still don’t understand why? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Hype train baby!! I’m still holding out until I can try them in a couple of weeks but I’m excited

I’ll also wait a little: There are still many (good) iems in this budget range , and since I can’t buy/try them all, I have to make choices after I gathered some intel.

1 Like

Because they feel good spending…

3 Likes