🔷 Singxer SA-1

How does the SA-1 sound in comparison to the Jotunheim 2? I’d be running off a BF2 DAC. @MrAyrit, did you ever have a Jot2? I think you use a BF → SA-1, correct?

I found the Singxer to be more relaxed and nuanced than the Jot 2. Which I thought had a bit of an edge to it.

1 Like

this is such a brilliant pic. sa-1, a fine unit. you’d be paying 1000usd and above for anything better imo. as you get to that kind of price you’ll get into things that are more dynamic and lively sounding in my experience.

but the sa-1 is very pleasant and even rivaling the v280 imo which is double the price, so above 1000usd!! the sa-1 is around 500usd!

1 Like

What DAC are you feeding it with, Tommy?

hello black hope all is well, i was feeding this with an ares2 from denafrips, the combo was such a wide experience, fantastic, very pleasant to listen to

i have since upgraded the sa-1 to a burson 3xp which i feel like does everything that the sa-1 does but better but that is also over twice the price, i love the performance of the sa-1 but i don’t have the need for it now that i have the burson 3xp. the sa-1 does pretty well in all aspects i’d say, except for that little bit of lack in the dynamic appartment, otherwise, an absolutely fantastic piece.

i actually upgraded the sa-1 to a v280 to begin with before i settled on the burson 3xp and i was blown away by how well the sa-1 did up against a well known and respected amplifier twice it’s price, the v280 hit a tad harder in the bass but nothing to brag about, mayhaps a tad more textured but i wouldnt give it any more than that

burson, more clear and dynamic
sa-1, more gentle, same as with the v280, at least when paired with the ares2

3 Likes

it’s pretty amazing for the price. makes a joke out of a 789. everything just sounds more controlled here. altough if your headphones are particularly warm a 789 may actually be the better choice but i can’t say that with certainty. this is my experience with my headphones. which are the aryas, the clears and the aeon noire, and ofc, my flawed ears

1 Like

I’ve been eyeing this the past few hours, since SDA-2 is apparently discontinued. But I have no DAC to pair this with. Any suggestions?

the sa-1 has nothing on the 3xp burson though, but i’d love to get a second opinion here so feel free to hop in

well according to this one youtuber topping has only gotten better and better, allegedly. sounding more and more organic the newer the units are, like an LP type of sound rather than a more digital sound but don’t take these words for good fish, i’d suggest you check up on some topping dac reviews on youtube and see for yourself and see whether or not you vibe with what reviewers say about newer topping dacs. hope that helps.

in general at least to my limited knowledge dacs dont matter all that much? but apparently these are both cheap and good. 200-500usd pricerange

how are you enjoying the sda-2 so far? got any comparisons? i think the sa-1 was their first amp iirc, which is pretty killer for a first amp!

I think you misread, I placed an order yesterday, but I got refunded because it’s out of stock at least in EU and Linsoul has shipping in 3-4 weeks.

small and cute

yo check hifigo.com. they’re great. ordered both an arya and an sa-1 from those guys

Unfortunately they don’t have it in stock.

I have the hd800s
Singxer sa1 vs topping a90
Which is better?

Thanks

I don’t have any balanced headphones yet, but I’m not a headphone guy really. I can say it makes Samson SR850 headphones sound damn good.

I primarily use my SA1 as a preamp. In this job it also sounds damn good, but I think it sounds better in low gain. In high gain it sounds a bit bright to me with the gain on my power amp set the same anyway. Also with the SA1 on low gain, I can max the volume & it’s right on good concert level without any clipping.

On another note, I can also recommend the Avantone CLA200 power amp in conjunction with the SA1 preamp.

YMMV.

1 Like

My main gripe with the singxer is how lower level information is smoothed over leading to a slight lack of microdynamics and lower level detail, causing it to feel slightly dull (when you compare it to something like the Neve for example), I wonder if that’s what you are also hearing

I received my SA-1 today and I’ve been listening for a little while and I’m shocked at how accurate this is. It is soooooo smooth. I mean, I think it sounds very nice, but it is definitely a little bit more lacking in dynamics to my ears.

1 Like

I have been rocking the SA-1 for about 3 months now. I gotta say, I love this amp. It’s been a real work horse for me. It seems to pair extremely well with the Bifrost 2, and then I connect the HP-2s to them, no EQ… very, very sweet. I just want to keep listening.

And then the bigger surprise, being able to run my CD player through the RCA inputs is huge for me. Even bigger, that being how good it is as a preamp. Feeding my DA-9 balanced with the SA-1 is a joy. These speakers never sounded so good. Fantastic. And I have not preformed the mod yet. I may just skip it. If it aint broke, don’t fix it, man!

2 Likes

I’m actually regretting getting rid of my Bifrost 2 now that I have the SA-1. Now I have some motivation to start saving for another DAC though.

Any other pairings that work particularly well with the SA-1? Seeing the Ares II recommended earlier in the thread.