šŸ”¶ Sivga Phoenix

What about the sound ???

1 Like

like the OP said the mids are really foward and the bass was ok,have more fun listining to my he 4xx because of the impact from the planar driver. overall for 250 very unimpressed

1 Like

Wondering if these are an 6XX killerā€¦

1 Like

A bit too bassy to be one. 6XX are probably more detailed

1 Like

From Zā€™s Amazon review:

ā€œOnto the sound I guessā€¦ These are like a baby open-back Fostex TH900. Warm and welcoming. Not ever sharp or painful. They beat the X2HR in delivery and are perhaps the easiest headphone to drive I have ever used. Bass is delivered with a smoothness you donā€™t usually find in this price bracket and soundstage is just wide enough to make them good for gaming and acoustic stuff.
These are going to be a big seller when my review drops. If you are reading this review before that happens buy with confidence. The comfort is fixable without a pad swap and the sound is glorious. Plus they look 10/10.ā€

So Zeos hype video incoming lol. But if they arenā€™t at least detailed as a 6XX, then I probably wonā€™t bother

4 Likes

Nah not really. Even when I bent the headband to make the clamp more even it still would hurt my ears cause of the thin pads.

Gonna have to subscribe to his Amazon channel now

1 Like

Finally arrived. The pads are indeed too shallow (due to the damn curvature - I donā€™t understand why the top part is tailored to be shallower than the bottom)

Didnā€™t give them any real listening time, so no sound comments yet. But we need somebody to tell us what pads to fit on these guys, because you might as well take the earpads off and just stick the drivers onto your earsā€¦ :man_facepalming:t2:

Guys can anybody figure out how the damn pads come off? I fiddled around and Iā€™m pretty sure they do not come off like on the SV004 (you just slide them off). It seems that this metal piece is holding them, but idk if the driver is attached or what. I donā€™t know how to detach them from these metal parts - there seem to be two placed across eachother (horizontally). Anybody else took the time to see for themselves? @ZeosPantera

edit- It seems to be attached at 4 places - 2 horizontal, 2 vertical

Its a twist off but it takes a bit of force.

1 Like

Twist off? Which direction do you twist it?

How do you twist it. I donā€™t understand how do you grip it without having the possibility of ripping the earpads. Never came across a twist mechanism for the earpads

Nope. 10 minutes of trying, no way I can get those things off. I donā€™t know how to grip it and twist itā€¦ annoying

Have the earpads face towards you and twist to the right. Apply a bit of force down towards the earcup to avoid ripping the pads. I gripped the thicker side. Theyā€™re locked in there so It takes a bit of force.

Exactly what i tried. Cannot grip it though

Did it. Had to push each one with a credit card, and push each one back with the credit card. Definitely not doing it again, takes too much force, I think it will be pretty hard to get a pad swap for these guys.

Thanks man!

Anyone have dimensions for the pads?

1 Like

Today I tried to measure, it seems like the width is 87mm, and the height is somewhere between 87 and 89 mm. It seems like no Dekoniā€™s will work. Itā€™s very weird that they chose a very weird padā€¦ I mean who likes a pad to be so tailored on one side that your ear is literally on the driver

HARD turn. Like OH GOD AM I GONNA BREAK IT hard

6 Likes

I couldnā€™t grip itā€¦ I really had to use a credit card and push (with A LOT of force) each thingy that holds it down. I donā€™t know why Sivga decided to switch it up with the Phoenix, wouldā€™ve been much more convenient if it was a normal slide on/off pad.