🔶 Sivga Phoenix

This is the official thread for the Sivga Phoenix

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: Over Ear
  • Amp needed: No
  • Open Back

:red_circle: Hifiguides Amazon Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews

5 Likes

I want to say I ordered these as soon as I was made aware of them.

and THESE.

4 Likes

Quick Sound impressions: Pretty warm sound signature. The whole frequency response sounds really smooth. Bass is punchy and well extended. Mids are bit forward. So far I’m really liking the sound.

Comfort: The comfort is not very good unfortunately. The pads are paper thin. My ears press up against the drivers and gets uncomfortable after 20 minutes.

Build is very solid.

As far as sound goes I’m very pleased with them but the comfort ruins it.

Edit: These do not fit me very well. The headband is small and put all the pressure right on my temples. Do not recommend for people with big heads.

16 Likes

Real wood cups? Or wood look plastic?

It’s hard to tell honestly. Sivga says it’s real

1 Like

Figured out how to remove the pads.

4 Likes

It’s real wood I just took them apart to see

4 Likes

12 Likes

It looks like you might be able to remove the pad from that adapter, might be able to put some thicc bois on there?

More info about Sivga Phoenix
https://hifigo.com/products/sivga-phoenix-over-ear-open-back-zebra-wood-dynamic-moving-coill-driver-headphone

got these today too, yea the comfort is pretty bad small headband, not much room for adjustments and pads are kinds small and get uncomfortable for me to wear after about 30 minuets.

2 Likes

You are gonna hate the comfort out of the box

I noticed Sivga always has small earpads… I have to stretch the earpads from the inner side to make them more “roomy”.

I will be getting my Phoenix soon too, will also review them. Sivga is an impressive company, so I’m interested to hear how they sound

It wasn’t the size of the ear hole cut out that bothered me. It was the thinnest of the pads.

2 Likes

Did you try a pad swap?
i changed mine on my 006 it made a world of difference in terms of comfort

1 Like

I see. We need to figure out which pads could be used for swapping. So if somebody already witched them, say which ones you put on (and also where you got them, and maybe the price)

3 Likes

I did but the headband was so small that it put all the pressure on my temples. If the earcups were able to move freely under the part that connects the headband to the earcup then that wouldn’t have been a problem.

I find the comfort the exact opposite. I like if the touching happens evenly. Plus I bent the shit out of the headband to make the clamp less and the angle of attack different.

You either gotta not touch my ears at all or cradle them lovingly. These do the latter. Comfort 10/10.

5 Likes

Not sure if you can see how I bent it. But the lesser clamp and sharper in-turn at the bottom of the headband ends helped dramatically. If your ears being touched bothers you. These may not be the best. But like the Takstar Pro82 and Cooler-Master MH751, these feel great.

9 Likes

He’s bendin’ it boys… Seems like we’ll be expecting bad news… for my wallet…

1 Like