What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Well 17days later I’m up in the list, but not shipped yet. A set of Atticus’s :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Another questionable-looking package arrived at my door today courtesy of Apos:

Shown with the Damascus Endura in honor of a comment at Drop, where I got that blade some time ago: “Finally, a Spyderco worth doing cocaine off of.”

Alas, there was nothing so illicit inside–just a pair of linear power supplies (for that pure, high-grade, uncut DC) and some Fanmusic RCA cables to complete the Topping *50 ensemble.

The A50s amps are running a little behind. I believe they’re scheduled to ship tomorrow.

16 Likes

Same problem with Linsoul. Been waiting since launch for it, they generated shipping labels, but DHL hasn’t picked it up yet.

Hopefully #soon

When it arrives, let us know how you like the Atticus vs. Aeolus! I’m waiting for an Aeolus and would probably get an Atticus if I were to get another ZMF.

1 Like

So I happened to have a bit of spending money from this last paycheck, so I decided to go forward with a couple more soldering projects for practice, and get stuff for a couple mods.

First mod: detachable cable on Prota Pro X
So an issue has presented itself with my pair where around the 3.5mm connector there is an iffy connection. So, I’m gonna try modding them to be able to use a detachable cable via mmcx connectors (ADVICE IS WELCOME!)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FSXZ3Z3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_CUpIFbTC2A1RV

Second mod: balanced convince on my Dekoni Blue headphones
I’m gonna give it a try if everything else goes well. Fingers crossed I don’t fuck up!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OGLEE4C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_P5pIFbZSE2C65

First project: Christmas Tree
Taking a second stab at this one, as the first try failed due to me not paying attention.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y44CJ4B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Y6pIFb4394AGM

Second project: giving surface mount soldering a try
Well… kinda self explanatory.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KQYKXYQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_07pIFb4ED12G9

4 Likes

Well, 4+ hours straight… and I’m having trouble putting them down. I posted in 🔶 Sivga Phoenix, that I must have an average to small head/ears because the Phoenix happen to fit me pretty well. I only adjusted the slider to about midway of the travel, and the clamp pressure feels good. Still too early to give compares to the other HPs I have, but safe to say I like them pretty much!

2 Likes

Congrats! I was thinking about picking up a set and then I bought something else used!

1 Like

My spending spree is getting out of hand…

RME

Two Dyson’s, hot & cool & purifier + humidifier
image image

I must stop now… rest yes. I must.

15 Likes

I swear when I ever I order from Apos my neighbors probably think I’m getting a drug shipment.

5 Likes

Hey, you probably shouldn’t reveal your HiFi gear funding secrets on HFGF :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

4 Likes

I mean after opening up the Darkvoice I have a few ideas for a side hustle lemme tell ya. LMAO

2 Likes

:heart_eyes:

21 Likes

:slight_smile:

Spidercos may be cheap shit, but they’re good cheap shit. I’ve got two around here somewhere, although I seem to be welded to my Taylor Eye Witness Barlow.

Just picked up the Phoenix myself. Pretty impressive build and packaging. My first impressions of the sound are also quite good. That bass…

2 Likes

Got my passive switcher in today

23 Likes

Yes sir those are damn handy… got a couple here… different brand but sure makes it easier than other options

1 Like

yes I’m to the point where i have a few amps on my desk now but only one dac and i got tired of splitter cables and wanted something a bit nicer quality. thanks to @Polygonhell for turning me onto this switcher.

2 Likes

Yes for sure… I run 3 amps and my energizer for the electrostats all from my BF2… so these come in handy.

1 Like

Yes, that bass
:ok_hand:t2:

Honestly first impressions aren’t very good… granted super early here but the staging comes across as almost too good making it sound kind of unnatural.

1 Like