What did you buy today? (Part 1)

30 Likes

After also demoing some Monitor Audio, Dali, Proac speakers, I’m now the proud owner of a set of titanium grey KEF LS50 Meta’s with matching stands.

9 Likes

@DaveB :grinning: AND???

Did you consider the Crackatowa at all?

There we go lol, enjoy!

what are some good reasons to consider it over the Crack w/Speedball?

what makes his builds worth the premium? upgraded components or…?

No, I didnt. I didnt want to spend too much. I figure this purchase is my last one for a while…all of my next potential upgrades are a lot higher price items, so I need to save up for a while.

2 Likes

I have no idea, that’s why I asked about it.
I just assumed that since we all seemed to have upgrade-itis… :smile:

The wiring and soldering skills, the clean build, the amazing customer service (each time he touches anything as far as the build goes, he sends multiple pictures through etsy so that you can see the progress).

I also have become extremely busy at work, so I won’t have the time to dedicate towards building another bhc at the moment, so this made the most sense for me.

2 Likes

He does beautiful work and has a great reputation. I spoke to him a few times, but my landed cost would have been $800.00, plus border fees. Too rich for my blood right now.

2 Likes

They were head and shoulders above the others.
I was expecting a difficult choice but was actualy a no brainer.
Theyre gonna sell a shed load.

1 Like

Bottlehead Crack w/ Speedball :blush:

30 Likes

Is it done yet?

Haha I wish. It arrived at my door late last night.

2 Likes

and you didnt work on it all night?? hahah

1 Like

That is a hurdle, not a reason :wink:

You guys are wild. I’m painting the plate and it has to set before I build. There’s my reason.

1 Like

Throw some paint on it… wire it, throw it in the oven at 450… Boom!! you are done!! not hard at all

2 Likes

Enjoy your project!

Is this your first DIY?

Alex

1 Like