What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Lol… scared at someone taking this seriously because “internet” now. Don’t. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ve done small projects before. Built pcs, soldered keyboard switches, detachable balance mods, etc

1 Like

How long did it take to receive the kit? Decent wait time?

I waited a month but they did get a lot of orders recently because the Crack was on discount last month.

2 Likes

A friend from work is a knife enthusiast and sold me his Zero Tolerance 0562TI. Flipping it open is incredibly satisfying lol. If you’re considering getting a quality EDC knife, I highly recommend looking at a non-assisted flip knife like this one. Since it has a titanium handle, you can also get it anodized to various colors which I’m looking into atm.

Bottlehead crack kit also came a few days ago and I will be putting that together tomorrow.

16 Likes

@marcgii ZTs are awesome…and fun.

1 Like

Some miscellaneous items came in today …
IMG_0584
Seismic audio interconnect cable, Amazon basics subwoofer cable, and a Wyvern audio RCA splitter.

IMG_0586
SA300 speaker amp - in Black

Think it fits pretty good next to the Atom stack
IMG_0588

IMG_0587
My first ever Hart audio cables,(thanx @brux) a set for my sivga Phoenix (grey), and a set to share between my X2HRs and sivga 004s (red). I am going to order another 3.5mm to mini xlr in either red or grey so that both the X2s and 004s will have their own.

26 Likes

22 Likes

My Fostex T20RP came in today! I haven’t really had any headphone shenanigans since I bought the KPH30i so I was pumped to get these. I wanted something with a bit more bass than my current AKG K240 and Sennheiser HD380 Pros, and these so far are fitting the bill. I don’t even hate the stock pads which is odd, but I have the Shure 1540 pads on deck in case that changes haha. Also I noticed sibilance but that went away when I switched my amp to high gain, no clue if thats normal. But other than that I’m having a blast!

15 Likes

Very curious about these. They seem to be making quite a splash.

1 Like

I think these will be successful for Sennheiser. They sound pretty nice :+1:

1 Like

BHC+SB prep begins.

Some upgraded tools and a practice solder kit to improve the skills before the amp build.

Thanks @Hazi59 and @lost33 for pointing me in the right direction.

15 Likes

He1000v2

31 Likes

Nice looking pair. Quick/Initial impressions?

I got a new keyboard, mouse pad, and some knock off soundrise stands.

The stands are pretty nice. I don’t have actual soundrise stands to compare but these are good enough to hold my laptop.

13 Likes

Been sitting with this one a little bit but I finally made the purchase. Really, really love this thing. Thanks @Towa for this sweet sounding amp.

26 Likes

Bravo, that‘s an Endgame Headphone at it´s finest!

Finally, after months of waiting! 2x Crown 1502 amps

going to be a fun weekend

So that is d90 > minidsp > crowns > revel m105s, also have an svs pb-1000 sub. The Revels should sing with these amps.

10 Likes

Just bought a JDS Labs Objective2 DIY Kit to practice soldering.

16 Likes

What stands out the most to me is stage presentation. Great verticality and width. Really nice step up from an Arya and Edition x v2. Has great bass impact and extension. Vocals are nice and lush. In comparisons, overall it is more detailed and refined than both Arya and hexv2, Timbre is a nice notch above those 2 as well. Its more of a warmer sound like the hexv2 over the Arya, but yet still more refined than Arya. Much more musical and enjoyable experience than Arya imo, but i did prefer the hexv2 over the Arya. The he1000v2 has an impressive fuller sound to it,where as the arya impressed me with width and details, but overall felt it was a touch unnatural presentation, and somewhat lacking in dynamics, compared to something like the clears. Hexv2 was more “fun” and reproduced music on a more enjoyable way for me, so i was looking for something a step above that. :+1:

3 Likes