What did you buy today? (Part 1)

The grain on that right cup… Oooooooo

1 Like

A book and new cheap tws iems that vein gave a recc on

9 Likes

Freya+ upgrade :+1:

23 Likes

Let us know how you like them! Would love to see some of your thoughts. No adaptor necessary to fit the tight Freya hole?

as Borat would say, IS NICE, HOW MUCH?

1 Like

$350 (cad) for the matching 4 shipped

Long listening session last night had me veeery happy with my purchase

1 Like

What were you using previously?

Sylvania gtb black plate’s and GE gtb’s

Preferred the sylvania’s of the two and the vt231’s are a noticeable upgrade from those

did you buy they Freya+ primarily for pre-amp/volume control functionality or were you looking to introduce “tube-y-ness” into your chain? Just wondering with these tube upgrades how you measured the success of each/both if that was your goal?

So I bought it initially to pair with a Yamaha a-s2100 to bring some warmth and midrange focus the the amp aka tuby-y-ness lol and it helped but I think the Yamaha is just too far off what I am looking for.

It’s now paired to a parasound halo a23+ and the two are proving to be much inline with my preferences. Very happy currently with the two.

The tube upgrades have been subtle but have brought positive gains in warmth and staging. So far the VT-231’s are less subtle an upgrade. Lastnight I stayed up pretty late relaxing and listening to music and just being impressed with my overall setup. I see that as great success :beers:

5 Likes

just as a side not have you tried this in your headphone chain and if so it is something you would recommend adding or really only suggested for 2 chan?

Can’t speak to headphones unfortunately but in a two channel with an amp you like and want to add some tube-y-ness I highly rec it.

Also when I say tube-y-ness it’s more in the modern sense. Holographic smooth and retains detail not rolled off bloomy and round. Hope that makes sense lol.

4 Likes

Couple new additions to try out

23 Likes

Yaxi pads delivered just moments ago:

22 Likes

Sweet! Blue looks sharp on the og colour way :ok_hand:

1 Like

RNHP is solid! Please let us know what you think about it in your setup.

Blue Yaxis look nice. As soon as I got my Yaxis, I abandoned my stock pads. I like the sound much better.

Today I bought the famous Koss KSC75 and the not-so-famous KTX Pro 1. There is barely any information on the KTX Pro 1, so I’m very curious how they sound compared to others in the Koss 60ohm lineup.

6 Likes

@Not_Daijoubu The ksc 75 on a headband, with yaxis!! :grinning:

1 Like

I would, but my parents would get mad at me for wasting money on cheap audio equipment a week after the Porta Pros lol

Definitely gonna snag extra Yaxi pads (probably blue and red) once these Taxi ones go bad.

After almost 2 months of waiting and leaving my kidneys with customs, my US package arrived today. With it the two new additions to the collection: Elegia and Element II. Thank you @Sschaffer24 for the great deal on the Amp.

First impressions on the Elegia: really comfortable, great isolation, and I’m really liking what I hear. But WTF is that janky cable.
First impressions on the Element II: that knob is really something. But I was having trouble using another cable to connect to my work laptop, only the included cable is working for now. Aso

Curiously, The SMSL SA300 I bought from China in April arrived today also. The original post company (Swiss post) had already given the thing as lost. I guess it’s better late than never, but I still don’t recommend working with Hifiexpress, as they never offered me any solutions for this 5 months delay. Now I have two amps and one pair of speakers. I will probably make a shootout or something between the two.

17 Likes

Nice haul! You’ve got some serious - and fun! - listening to do. That Elegia cable is garbage. But fortunately it’s a dual 3.5mm cable so it’s not too hard to replace for rather cheap.

1 Like