đŸ”¶ Sivga Phoenix

That’s too much to ask for

1 Like

Hahahahaha, that’s what seems to be the case.

Oh well
 we have always been modding stuff, so I am expecting the same to be done with the Phoenix :wink:
Nothing new. We always find a way around hehe

1 Like

Let’s break away from the pad discussion for a bit.

These guys sound pretty goood! I was expecting a less mature (before I wrote immature, so it gave the wrong impression) performance, but am actually enjoying them quite a lot. Is the soundstage as wide as some other open-back headphones? No? Does it bother me? Unexpectedly, no. Do they have deep and rumbling sub-bass? Hm.

So the sub-bass. You can feel it rumble in some cases, but in Hans Zimmer’s “Why so Serious?” at mark 3:36 - the sub-bass does rumble, but it might not satisfy the bassheads. It’s at the very moment of writing this comment that I might be realizing that the sub-bass is balanced instead of overemphasized and boosted. What do you all think?

The mid-bass has a very satisfying punch and weight - I am overall very satisfied with the bottom-end performance.

The mids
 haven’t formed any formal thoughts about them. I cannot say if they are natural/unnatural, because that requires some analytical listening
 and so far I have just been enjoying music. I will say that it doesn’t show any signs of being shouty/tinny or funny sounding.

The higher frequencies are interesting. I would call them warm with the highest top-end rolled off, but I cannot ignore that they had the sparkle in songs like: Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven, Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody, Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Pts. 1-5), and some others I haven’t written down. In Travis Scott’s “Sto Trying to Be God” at mark 5:59 (Stevie Wonder’s harmonica hits the peak) it lacked the sparkle it was supposed to have.

That’s it about my quick impressions of it so far. C’mon people, share yours too - we are curious

2 Likes

Here is a gem - this person goes quite in-depth about the Phoenix. Does an excellent job expressing himself, uses reference tracks to back up what he is experiencing, slightly touches some technical terms, and also gives some suggestions. I love this, would love to see more people providing reference tracks.

It’s an useful read for anybody wondering if they need the Phoenix.

Better than Oh Mama lol
I also recommend “Act Like You Know” by Fat Larry’s Band and “X Gon’ Give it to Ya” by DMX

1 Like

Do they get the “ZeosPantera THEESE Seal of Approval”?

6 Likes

I will give the two songs you mentioned a listen tonight.

What’s about “Oh Mama”, is it a song or? I might be missing the reference
 oh well, I’m not fully up to date, so please clarify.

Oh mama is a song by Run the Jewels

2 Likes

It’s Z’s go-to bass track

1 Like

It could use some work. But a solid effort. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks, now the reference makes sense. I have been too busy to watch Zeos, but never forgot his energy and positive goofy vibe

Would. Never. In. My. Life. think that I would mention driver flex on an open-back headphone.

Yup. Now, this isn’t a concern I think - Sivga told me that they MAY be working on new pads. However, they won’t release too soon, because they need all the lab testing to make sure it doesn’t change the sound.

Basically, when I take the Phoenix off too quickly I experience driver flex. I did it a couple of times in a row
 don’t know how smart that is, or if the driver is damaged. But either way, heads up, if you experience it - Hi, I did too, you aren’t alone. I guess that because ear sits on the driver, that when taken off too quickly there is suction.

Anybody else out there?

simping on Improved version as requested by my master simping off

2 Likes

CHEEEEESE

1 Like

AKA:

THE ESE

For those wondering the extent of the flex I applied to loosen the headband

that timestamp

After the unboxing I bent the ends inward also.

2 Likes

MAXIMUM FLEX. Elastigirl would be proud.

2 Likes

Just call him Mr. Incredible

:laughing:

1 Like

Oh my.

tenor (8)

2 Likes

Just got it! It is really good. Really good! Listening more, wow!!! Wow!!! I have a lot of headphones to compare. Wow!!!

1 Like