Small desk speakers around 300$

from the perceptive of Sound and overall performance. Yes there are much better ones but with much much higher cost and then they are only speakers. Basically needs more gear for control and to get everything working but then they are. The thing.

But and it’s a big one.
Huge advantage the Vanatoo’s have are the connections. Basically Plug & Play and low cost, good starting point in the world of active speakers/monitors.

2 Likes

I would love to know what else could be available, I created a thread for that purpose, to explore the other possibilities

Lets explore the possibilities together. =)

1 Like

I think i found good price for iloud micro on thomann.de 285$ cheaper than amazon :smiley:
IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor – Thomann United States

1 Like

Yep! That’s thomann, I bought my DAC (the RME ADI-2 DAC FS) from them. They are one of the largest music and audio product resellers in Germany. You can trust them to deliver a good product, but be sure you familiarize yourself with their return policy, it might be a bit different than what you are used to.

Also - you will be getting the version of the product meant for sale in Germany. So if your power plugs are different from theirs, and if the iLoud Micro’s do not come with adapters for various countries - then it will be up to you to get the proper power adapter.

*see image for reference - (check the power rating for the power adapter on the Thomann site to make sure it will be compatible with your countries power grid)

My DAC was fine because it’s power supply was designed to work with a wide range of input voltages, and all I needed to do was replace the cord at the end and everything else was fine. I am not sure if the same will be true for the iLoud Micro.

I checked the IK Multimedia website and looked at the iLoud Micro, I even downloaded the manual, but it does not specify the voltage range that the power supply can accept from the wall.

If Poland’s power grid is different from Germany, I suggest contacting IK Multimedia using the support email or call them directly and ask about the power adapter.

Here is a link.

I checked on the wall outlet power in various countries, it looks like the plugs in Poland are compatible with Germany, and the two countries supply the same voltages to the outlets. So you should be fine.

Here is a resource for you to compare the two countries power grid information.

Its me again :rofl:
NOTHING Competes with these New Swans.. - YouTube found something “new”
looks good and only 20cm height, considering that I will use speakers occasionally and less than headphones, this is an interesting proposition

1 Like

THIS!

I saw this thread subject come up and was gonna point out Z’s latest review because they fit the ask quite nicely.

update: bought today edifier mr4 for 89$ i think its a good deal :smiley:
they are a little bit taller, but i think i can handle it

1 Like

Congrats! I hope that you enjoy them, be sure to report back on how they work out for you! Depending on your setup/situation, we may be able to help you optimize it a bit, too.

Of course, i will report back. One problem i have to handle is that speakers will probably stay behind my main monitor because of height and they will be covered a little bit. I know it can cause worst sound but untill i will like how they sound i will keep them. After long long research i figure out that there is no reason to buy “that small” speakers like audioengine a1/a2+ for 250$ only for size. Edifier are a bit bigger and it can be problem, but i found a deal for only 89$ brand new and they will probably sound much better than other “tiny” speakers. Its like 160$ cheaper compare to audioengine and almost 400$ compare to vanatoo t0 (in my situation, cuz of i live in Poland and polish amazon want 500$ for vanatoo) For occasionally usage i think its good choice

1 Like

Since you just bought the edifiers again recently, you could also buy the Swans (if anyone sells them in poland) and compare the two side-by-side, then return the one you don’t want.

I believe Amazon’s no-questions-asked return policy lasts until February for items bought during the holidays. So it’s a good time to test things like speakers.

Even so, you may want to wander on down to your local hardware store and pick up a couple L brackets and some wood to make some speaker shelves.

Or you could order a couple cheap shelving units from amazon too, although if you made them yourself they would likely be a good bit cheaper.

report back:
I ended up returning edifiers. They are too high and tweeter is almost fully covered by monitor (its huge difference). I finally decided to not buy speakers if i can’t find something really small with decent sound. I mean there is audioengine a1/a2+ kanto yu2 but i think they are way overpriced to occasionally usage. Maybe with discount for 150$ or less i can take them but not for 200$+
Anyway thanks for all comments and help :smiley:
Now i gained a lot of knowledge of speakers especially small ones

On Ebay, the Kantu YU2s are selling for around $160 new/open box. I was able to order one for $140 in almost new condition. You could also check out the Monoprice MM-3. Selling for $170 on Ebay, and Zeos seemed to have liked them.