Smsl SP200 THX AAA 888

Just not as detailed? I havnet changed anything.

Hmm, is your dac doing anything?

Nope. I shut everything down and brought back up the way you told me. i always do that. First off amp, then comp then DAC. Then to power back on DAC first, then comp, then amp. I dont move it around. They stay were they are. Amp stacked on DAC.

I did just connect audiophile power cables to them a while ago. You know the colored big thick ones? But i thought they sounded better after. Havent had any problems.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. How are you feeding your dac? Perhaps some settings changed there. Also try swapping those cables and see if that changes anything

Is there a way to reset the settings on the Su8 DAC?

Ok i reset the DAC and same thing. Could it be my ears are getting used to this quality of sound and im not getting the kick out of it i used to get?

1 Like

That was immediately what I thought when I saw you initial post but I wanted to double check there wasn’t an issue before saying it lol. You seem to jump around alot for what you like or dislike at the time, and what impresses you or what doesn’t

Happens to all of us from time to time

Have you checked your windows settings?

That’s what I was thinking when I mentioned what was feeding the dac, as it could have enabled some audio enhancement garbage or changed the bit depth and sample rate. Or some issues with the source files idk

Bit depth and sample rate sometimes resets itself, I know it does it when you change USB ports for a DAC at the very least.

Yeah that drives me nuts with my laptop lol

Happens to me ALL the time. I love a headphone for seconds, minutes, hours, days and even weeks. And then I get bored or start to hate them. For me that was NightOwl Carbons and HE4XX’s. Others just become less thrilling. It is why I need Lots of variety.

Checked the settings and their fine, havent changed. I’m trying a different power cable. Gonna try my electrostats. havent hooked them up since i moved

1 Like

did you have a cold? Maybe it’s you, what has changed in the chain.
Do you listen overly loud (85db and more)over longer periods of time?

I also believe it’s brain burn in
there will be better days you enjoy your stuff again.
Maybe look for new music or take a break

2 Likes

I had the issue trying to listen to my cans while having a cold. At a point I actually thought the one driver was failing due to the lack of volume. But turned out to be my ears didn’t “pop” and I heard different volumes in each ear lol

Nope, i seem to be in good health. I also tried my Koss 95x electrostats and they dont sound as good as they used to either. I keep my ears clean all the time. I could try washing them out but i doubt there will be anything. I often use q-tips.

I do listen to music at pretty good volume. I use the Sp200 amp and and i usually listen at low gain with volume at 12 or 1 o’clock. even then only about 2-3 hours a day.

I dont know whats going on. I just hit 49 this year. been getting more health problems like you do when you come close or cross a decade. but i havent noticed any hearing problems.

switched out my usb cable

this issue does seem more subtle. its not like the loss in resolution or detail is that profound. im just noticing it seems to be much less than it used to. about 15% less i would guess. i just dont know.

Try listening to beats… Bear with me…

I really got over headphones for quite some time. Then only listened to my speakers, particularly, V-shaped sounds with a subwoofer.

After a couple of days when my ears got used to that, I went back to my headphones and fell in love again.

1 Like

43 and I know what you are talking about

please don´t use qtips in the future ever again - this is quite harmful
sorry for this - from a younger “boy” - do what you want, of course

you know that makes me think. i got used to bassy headphones. maybe im missing the bass or something?