Smsl SP200 THX AAA 888

think this will be at around 250 Euros
SMSL SU-8 was 250$ in US and 210 € in germany

so even better value!

if I had not my may drop THX AAA 789… I could see me reaching out to this, if a balanced DAC in black with same design is offered … like the Su-8/SH-8 combo

Going to $255.11 for 11/11 and Black Friday.

Shane D

1 Like

That’s a pretty dang good deal then for a capable desktop thx

Agreed. I was thinking about the Monoprice 887 for the end of the month, but this is a killer deal and I don’t need HUGE power.
However, one year of warranty vs five.

Shane D

Sick of waiting for the 789 so got this amp. Will be shipped here the 4th. Hope is as good as I expect.

I’m still waiting for my costume jewlery. Sheesh!! Scammers have the worst customer service!!

1 Like

For anyone that ordered from Shenzhen, I just got a reply from them. Which is pretty impressive at 10:00PM on a Saturday night, since that is 11:00AM on a Sunday morning, her time.

The point is that Alisa told me that while the sale isn’t active yet, if I placed an order and got back to her with the order #, she would refund the difference. Can’t beat that.

Shane D

1 Like

Let us know how you make out.

I have to say that I love my SMSL SU-8, works perfectly and they were a pleasure to deal with.

This amp is tempting, but I Really should move some amps out first. I rag my wife about hoarding, but this head-fi collection is getting a little out of control, if I’m being honest.:grin:

Shane D

4 Likes

Out of curiosity, anyone picking one of these up tomorrow?

I might. Not sure yet

Gah, I’m trying to justify getting/not getting one as I already have two headphone amps already. xDuoo TA-01b and Grace O2/SDAC.

in the same boat as you with different amps and my eye in the ta20, but all the hype behind the thx has me curious for a long time now

I am thinking of replacing my Burson Fun-Classic and then either the Liquid Spark or the LCX. Hmmmmm.

Shane D

Oh man, I’ve been wanting the ta20 for half a year or so after I got my 01b. I ended up getting a Musical Paradise MP-301 MK3 to use with my speaker setup (and it allows for headphones when I feel like it).

1 Like

Oof that thing looks pretty

Should I cancel my drop order of 789 and go for this instead?

1. ordered on drop since september and still waiting
  2. coming into nz $290 probably less likely to get taxed

the 789 seems to be the gold standard. all other THX products seem to be lacking according to the reviews. i think Zeos said it wasnt up to the 789 so im gonna wait for mine.

Why cant these buttholes just ship to canada?!?!?!

Ah second retailer ships to canada! Sold!

The SMSL SP200 has more power through the single-ended output vs the 789.
Is this thing going on sale tomorrow?

Sound wise his review was it was as good as the 789s, with the main caveat being the low gain setting is too powerful for sensitive IEMs like Andromedas.