Smsl SP200 THX AAA 888

I would say it would depend on the headphones you have and how much power output means to you

1 Like

IDK about going on sale but itā€™s on Amazon with a 15% off coupon which brings it to $260

1 Like

Currently with NDH20 and ADX5000,
and a couple IEM but only use them when im outside.

I feel that you may benefit from the slightly higher quality of the 789, but the value of the sp200 might make more sense for you

1 Like

Hope this thing doesnā€™t murder me on low gain on my 58x.

It wonā€™t lol. Theyā€™re not even in the same universe of sensitivity as Andromeda IEMs

Yeah stuff like the andro is super sensitive and will not be pleasant on most amps tbh. The 58x should not really have a problem

This will be $255.11 tomorrow at Shenzhen Audio. And that will include free shipping.

I bought my SMSL SU-8 DAC from these guys and the transaction went very well. They even ā€œunderstateā€ the value so you pay less overall.

Shane D

omg i swear i heard different, but i just rewatched the video and youre right. iā€™m gonna cancel my payment to drop and buy the 888!

Iā€™ve never had to cancel an order with Drop before. How hard is it and how long do they take to issue refunds?

Think Iā€™m going to order one and sell my monoprice 788 dac amp. Still have the massdrop version on the way. So I can compare directly and decide then. The most enticing thing about this unit is the single ended output having the same power output as balanced. Believe its because it uses a single 888 which is inherently dual mono rather than using 2 788 chips.

Prime shipped from this link, btw, if you want it fast. But no coupon.

No reason to be buying the 789 from Drop anymore. If you want warranty, get an 887 from Monoprice for the same price ($400.00) and get a 3yr warranty. This week or next week.

If price is your priority, grab the SP200 for $255.11 tomorrow.

Shane D

1 Like

Prefer the prime shipped version, so went with that one. But that $255 is definitely a nice deal.
887 is 3 year warranty, according to their listingā€¦ but that is still better than 1 year from drop. If monolith version is available by the end of the month, may cancel the drop amp and pick that one up instead. But still a bit undecided on that one.

I stand corrected. 5yrs was pulling on me hard, but 3 years is not quite as appealing when compared to the $255.11. Hmmmm.

Shane D

Where do you find the coupon?

On some of the Amazon listings, thereā€™s a button under the price that says ā€œcouponā€ you have to click. But itā€™s not under all of the listings. I think that is what they are referring to.

1 Like

Hmmm I only see a 10% one.

Thatā€™s all Iā€™ve seen as wellā€¦ unless someone wants to point out another ā€œcouponā€ that is all Iā€™ve seen.

i tried to buy from shenzhen, iā€™m from LA, it said i woulnt get it till dec 3rd-24th