1 Like

Nice would love to hear your first and long term impressions

2 Likes

2 Likes

Am I stacking right? Need the headphone adapter… Also arriving today

1 Like

I don’t see any issues lol

1 Like

Oh sweet, headphone adapter imminently arriving.

OK, either my ears are broken, but I’m not really sounding much difference between the Atom and just the K3. Have I set it up wrong?

Currently have K3 on full volume, low gain, no bass, RCA’d to Atom. Atom is on high gain about 12 o clock and I can connect the headphones directly to each and get a comparison- I mean they both sound great, but wondering what differences I’m supposed to hear on the Atom?

It’s not going to be leaps and bounds, you are still using the 770 80 ohm correct? A better quality amp typically isn’t going to wow people immediately, but after some listening you may start to notice the benefits

Yes 770 80ohm, but I do have a pair of Sony WH1000-XM3 here too.

Now, if you wanted to pick up the 250 ohm, you would notice a fair bit larger difference in sound quality. It also opens up more options for you in the future too

I see. Well, I think I need to tinker with it a few days and see what I think at this point.

Yeah xm3’s are kinda awful plugged in anywhere

Not wrong there, jesus the bass. It’s too much. They’re good bluetooth phones, however.

Yes good for travel, but the atom has a fair amount of extra power on tap lol

ANC is godlike for open plan offices.

OK some more comparison - I’m flitting between the K3 and Atom, and I can indeed hear a difference - the Atom sounds more … fuller in my ears?

Yeah it’s more full, also it is more detailed with more control over the headphones for a tighter sound too, separation is also most likely better

OK - I’m going to give it more of a chance. I was just about to fire off a return for it, I wasn’t convinced, but let’s give it a go.

Red pill moment…