Sony EX800st-2020

Hello, I was not able to find a thread on these classic IEMs. I am currently waiting for a pair to join the club. Lets make this the review and thoughts hub on these. :smiley:
EDIT:

Please link more as they are found. :slight_smile:

Really like these, very solid and have held up very nicely (besides comfort lol), hopefully you enjoy it :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks M0N! I’m really excited, should be 5 days or less at this point. I want to see how they stack up stock and with the bass monster mod. I float between the moods with my music so this may be a solid choice. I want to see how it stacks up with the L3 as well etc. :smiley:

1 Like

Still waiting, hopefully by this Friday, pretty sketched with Amazon shipping atm, but hoping they pull through on this. :slight_smile:

They are really good trust me, fit wise i find that if you wear it slightly tilted away from your ear, it will be more comfortable!

1 Like

I’m pretty stoked, I was hoping this order would be faster than an import due to shipping delays, lol turns out I was wrong smh.

:smiley:

1 Like

If only you could Imagine, like man I’m ready!!! Waiting for L3, Spring 1 Peacock, and this all at the same time :frowning:

2 Likes

My nan used to say…Patience is a virtue, catch it if you can, seldom in a woman, never in a man :+1:

2 Likes

2 day shipping from vegas with UPS…

giphy-facebook_s

1 Like

I hope they arrive and you’ll be listening to them soon! The EX800ST are IEMs that I want to check out myself but I would have to get them imported from Japan and they’d probably end up costing about £200. From reviews and FR graphs, their sound sig and presentation sounds like something I’d definitely enjoy. You’ll have to post your impressions once you receive them!

1 Like

So…I’ll be doing a full review of these. Also is the reason they are not getting more traction is because of age, or looks, or fit??? Is it because you have to import it? I’m kinda at a loss based on my initial impressions here. :smiling_imp: :exploding_head: :boom:

3 Likes

Pretty crazy good iem, chifi has distracted some from the classics lol. Also importing/fit can be turn offs for some but I think it’s worth it lol

Also man I’m mad I sold my EX1000 lol

1 Like

I strongly agree M0N. A seeker of sound goes where the sound is period…

1 Like

Yet another good impression of the EX800ST? Damn, I really want to try these haha. As I said importing has been putting me off, that and the fact that I really don’t need any more IEMs. :stuck_out_tongue: I look forward to your full review!

1 Like

Yea I’ve still been looking for my stable of IEMs. Yepp its gonna be a good review LOL. I wont go radio silent on it, but 2 things that will hold true are soundstage and imaging. Also the balanced/neutral sound. Give me a couple weeks, may even do editing if this continues to impress lol.

2 Likes

So M0N, what do you consider to be the widest IEMs? I have to think these are like hd800 equivalent but in IEM form since I’ve never heard sounds so seperated. I would be worried with the 1000 since the 800’s treble is about right from my initial listening, it get right up there where I like it without pushing the bubble too much. :slight_smile:

Uh for what I have currently, does the 003 mk2 count lol?

1 Like

Damn, you win :sob: Are those Stax Estats?

Yeah, besides that for an actual iem, most likely the EAMT-1 C

1 Like